close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help making a costum avatar needed.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by S.O.Interceptor, Jan 23, 2005.

1. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor Khem-Adam

I am fairly new to this forum, and I can not figure out how to make a custom avatar. I have an image that I use on other sites. My problem is that I can't figure out how to load it. I can't find an option to load it. I noticed that it says that I have to have 10 post to make a custom avatar. I THINK I have 10 post, but I'm not sure. Am I doing something worng, or do I not have enough post? And how do I find out? Any help would be appreciated . Thanks.

2. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

You have six posts so far. Look at the bottom of every post you make. There you will see a brown button that says PROFILE. If you click that, it will take you to your profile page. There you will find you total posts.

After you get your ten, look a the top of each page. In a thin black strip, you will see the "USER CP" block. Click that link. When you get to your User Control Panel, find where it says "Edit Options". Click that link and scroll to the bottom of that page. There you will see the avatar section. There should be a button that says "Change Avatar" or something similar. Click it. That takes you to your avatar page. You can select a pre-loaded avatar or add your own either by uploading from your computer or by posting a link to an off site image.

Avatars must be no larger than 100x100 pixels or 6000 bytes (whichever is smaller).

3. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor Khem-Adam

Thank you. I hadn't kept track of my post, and wasn't sure how to find out how many I had. Now I know, I appreciate it.

4. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

No problem. If you need anymore help with it, feel free to ask!

5. freepatriot

freepatriot Retired GT Mod Moderator

Looks like he got his ten posts!!!

6. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Nice Ava.
    Welcome from Sig For.:)

7. tgtshuter

tgtshuter Too Beaucoup

Hey OXCOPS,
    How can I tell how many pixels my images are? I have some saved pic's I want to use, but when I select "Properties" on the image , image size is in KB.

Also - these images have been used as avatars before. I tried selecting them, but they are too large for GT. Do I need PhotoShop to reduce them, or is there another way?

Thanks for your time!

8. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Most of the time you can right click on the image and select properties. That will show you the number of KB and the measurements. It will say something like 100x100, etc.

9. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

There is another thing you can do if you wish.

Click here

This will allow you to resize images, as well as some other image editing options. Best of all, it's free.

Good luck!

10. Greg Conn

Greg Conn Glock G19 - CCW

PM me if you need any help with it.

-Greg Conn