close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HELP!!! Logged off ater logging on!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JERRYTHEMOUSE, Oct 8, 2006.

1. JERRYTHEMOUSE

JERRYTHEMOUSE

Hello,
    Went to Safe Mode on my full size Dell and ran several things to try and clean up my computer (Hijacked) Now every time I try to log in I get logged off. I have restored my computer to 2 different times. Still not working.
    Thanks

Mouse
    I Got Your Six.....

2. malkore

malkore

go into safe mode, and create a new windows user account, that's NOT an administrator account.

reboot to normal mode and login with the new account.
    does it still log you off?

if not, then it sounds like your primary account is either corrupt, or its got enough rights to still be executing something in the background (malware, a script to log you off, something)

my suggestion at this point would be backup all your important data, reformat, and reinstall Windows from scratch. its often much easier to nuke from orbit and rebuild, than spend countless hours trying to bandage a dying OS.

3. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

We had one like that a few days ago. My co-worker spent a couple of hours trying to diagnose it and gave up. We just reimaged the guys computer and sent him on his way. Still don't know what caused it. XP w/ SP2 on a Thinkpad BTW.

Greg

4. JERRYTHEMOUSE

JERRYTHEMOUSE

Malcore, took your advice, backed up all my important data, reformated, and reinstalled Windows from scratch. No I can't seem to get that computer to connect to the net! What I want to do is get it set up and put some good anti virus/ malware programs on it.

I have my connection set up but keep getting a 769 Error. Also says it's trying to connect through WAN Miniport (PPPOE)!
    Mouse
    I Got Your Six...

5. NetNinja

NetNinja Always Faithful

If it takes more than 15mins to remove or repair a PC that has been infected with anything.

3 finger salute and reinstall or if you are smart after you build your machine and have it the way you like it you image the machine with Ghost and creat and image and save it to the network or burn it to a bootable CD.

6. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

It sounds like you don't have a driver installed for your network card or you need to set up your network card in device manager and network places.