Help Identify this old revolver

Discussion in 'GATE Info & Announcements' started by cab980002, Dec 29, 2015.

1. cab980002

cab980002

A friend sent me these pics of an old revolver that belongs to his brother. I have researched it some but want some expert info if any is available here. The serial # is not visible and the pics he sent me are not the best. I have attached a couple of pics of the same type of revolver that I found online. He would like any info and pricing if possible. By looking at the pics he sent the condition seems poor. I have not seen this in person. He thinks it is a " MAS Model 1874 Chamelot-Delvigne 11mm Service Revolver". I agree it seems to be a variant of this style revolver but it is not the same. I also came up with some info about it possibly being a M 1880 variant. Any help would be appreciated, thanks CAB.

Attached Files:

2. cab980002

cab980002

I can't believe nobody has responded to this I know w have some smart fellers (or fart smellers) on here that might have some thoughts.

3. fflincher

fflincher

Looks like a Webley more than a French. The top strap line makes me think it's a Spanish or Belgian copy of a Webley. Should be more marks on it, especially proof marks!

4. Jim Watson

Jim Watson

I can't read the topstrap marking, but even if it says British Constabulary like your file photo, it does not mean it was made in England. British and Belgian proof marks are distinctive, Spain went longer before setting up official proof and there are a lot of Spanish guns out there with little if any identification.
    It looks like a Chamelot Delvigne pattern, made by many companies in Europe.