close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Help. I put dawn in my rinse dispenser!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by joepa150, Mar 10, 2010.

1. joepa150

joepa150

I know to some of you this may be funny but I don't have the time nor the money to fix accidents. I called Maytag and of coarse they didn't have any suggestions besides getting a service rep out to the house.

I accidentally put 2-3 squirts of dawn into the rinse dispenser [​IMG] It had about 1/4 rinse aid left. I put about 2/4 dawn. Then I added water to dilute it. I also moved the switch to Max dispense to hopefully clear it out.

Any ideas?

If it doesn't sud all over the floor like the movies, will it leave a film on all my dishes?

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Take the cap off the rinse dispenser when you run the dishwasher a time or three.
    You'll probably not have a problem with the dishes but if you want to, you can run it empty for the first couple times with the rinse dispenser cap off.

3. joepa150

joepa150

Sounds like a plan.

By the way, what will this do? Will it empty the rinse aid dispenser?

4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Yeah, it's just flushing the rinse dispenser faster than if you let it go normally.

5. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

I wish my problems were that simple. :wavey:

6. Murph33

Murph33

I have to admit I have been out of dishwasher detergent and used Dawn dish soap before... I used just a little too much and yes a lot of bubbles do come out of every pore and crack of the dishwasher. :wow:

But your instance is different than mine. And you should be perfectly fine. Just run the dishwasher empty with the cap off my friend as previously stated.

7. geronimo509

geronimo509

If it does sud all over the place like the movies, we are going to need to see some pictures:wavey:

8. silentpoet

silentpoet

To cancel out the dawn, put sunset in.

9. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Dish-Soap-from-a-Dishwasher

1. 1
    2. Use a bucket or other container and take out as much water and suds from the dishwasher as you can and dump it into the sink. Dry the inside of the dishwasher with a towel.
    3. You can also use a wet-dry vacuum (such as a Shop Vac) if you have one, but make sure it is rated for wet pickup, and make sure to use only the wet filter.
    1. 2
      Select either cooking oil or white vinegar. Pour 1/2 to 1 cup of it directly into the bottom of the dishwasher. These substances are proven bubble-killers. On top of the oil/vinegar, add a layer of table salt. No need to be stingy; add a couple handfuls.
    2. 3
      Start the dishwasher again and let it run for a minute.
    3. 4
      Check the status of the suds. If there are still huge amounts, add more oil or vinegar and start the dishwasher again.
    4. 5
      Repeat this process until the suds have died down and the dishwasher pipes have had a chance to clear out.
    5. 6
      Wash out the soap dispenser thoroughly, if that's where you put the offending dish soap.
    6. 7
      Alternate Method (Recommended by the Manufacturers):
    7. 8
      Open dishwasher and pour in about 1/2 cup of olive oil. This oil will rapidly break down bubbles. Start the dishwasher and run through a cycle. Done.
      Ads by Google

10. Psychman

YES. You can find the answer to any question on the internet.. ......

11. Psychman

12. joepa150

joepa150

Yes you can but they don't always pertain to your exact situation. I am glad I posted this because I never heard/thought about removing the cap to the rinse aid dispenser.