Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm experiencing a strange issue that I have never come across with any glock, my Glock 21 is having problems tearing down (field stripping). After safety checking the firearm, I proceed to pull the trigger in a safe direction, pull the slide back (1/8 of an inch or whatever), and pull down to the slide lock tabs, upon doing so the the slide moves ever so slightly forward but seems to be stuck and only comes off when the trigger is pulled again, this has never been this way, I noticed this yesterday for the first time after I replaced my slide cover plate (which the slide disassembled normally for the last time) , I don't think that has anything to do with it but I have no clue what the issue could be, any insight?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Sounds like your Glock 21 has gone bad. Send it to me and I'll double check it for you.
If it's bad I'll dispose of it properly.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Trigger bar is catching the firing pin lug. If you have a NY style spring this is normal. If not, check your trigger spring to be sure it hasn’t slipped off to the side of the trigger bar instead of straight up and down.
Also be sure you are not pulling the slide back to far - just far enough to release the slide stop lever.

Reactions: FireMedic-50

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
double post

1 - 6 of 6 Posts