close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HELP !!! Does ANYBODY Remember ?????

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by russw7, Jan 7, 2010.

1. russw7

russw7

A couple days ago I was reading on this forum, and there was a conversation going on about how much grease to use on our weapons.
    The guy that I am looking for was talking about most people do not use enough grease on our slides and the guides. He was mentioning to load up a little more than we needed and then run the slide a couple of times and then wipe of the extra. He also mentioned two types of lubes, lubriplate and slide glide. I've run a search on both lubricants and cannot come up with that conversation. I think it was the day before yesterday.
    Does anybody remember reading it ?? Like I said I've searched, and backpedaled thru General Glocking and cannot find it.
    I want to find it again and forward it to my son. Please Help. Thanks

2. dalegates

dalegates

Not sure I'd recommend that, but I'm just a faceless opinion on a gun board...

3. Glockaholic

Glockaholic CLM Millennium Member

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  4. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

If you posted to the thread, go to the top of the page where it says 'My Threads/Replies' and click on 'Replies'.....you should be able to find it there.

5. dalegates

dalegates

I'm probably going to get crucified, but here goes:

I am a firearms instructor and have been a certified Glock armorer for 12+ years, taking re-cert classes at least 3-4 times with several different instructors. No, this doesn't anoint me as some sort of an expert, but consider this: the process described above is far away from anything that Glock has taught their armorers. If it wasn't, you would think I would have heard something to the contrary by now.

6. russw7

russw7

Thanks, Glockaholic, but that's not the thread I was looking for.
    And Thanks to Butch but I did not post to the thread.
    And Dalegates, I don't mean that one overloads the grease but it was real go advice on putting a little more that one would think. He also posted on the thread a link to lubriplate and to slide glide. I've searched both of these phrases but still cannot locate the thread. He was some kind of gunsmith or armorist or repairman.
    Thanks for the comebacks on my thread, maybe somebody else will remember. I'll keep looking, Thanks

7. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

8. messer262

messer262

I didnt see the thread as I was a lurker then, but the only lube I use on my vast collection, and the .50 in Iraq that had Militec-1 was the only one that didnt jam and break constantly. (never malfunctioned once) Militec sent a case of the stuff afterwards to outfit an entire squad. I've been using the stuff for years and is the only stuff I will ever use. (No I am not a salesman and have no interest in pushing the product other than my experience has been it is superior) They also have a great grease that I love to use on certain parts that need grease weight lube. Hit them up. They will send you a sample that will last you quite a while, and is awesome. if you ask for a sample let me know what your think of it. You can argue with a free trial of the stuff (I think they still offer the trials. I bought a case of it and use it all the time)

9. major

major Rejected member

+1. I am also a firearms instructor and Glock armorer. Dale is right......the armorers course emphasizes very little oil on Glocks. They absolutely do not teach to "load up a little more than we needed ...."

10. russw7

russw7

Yes, I did a search on grease, Butch. Thanks.

11. messer262

messer262

12. russw7

russw7

I understand Major. That's the conversation of what my son and I were talking about. And that's what lead me to try to recall what I had read a day or so ago. My son is a peace officer and he was telling me that in his recent training that a Glock amorer was telling them that a Glock is a relative dry weapon. That there are only a few points that need a small amount of oil to be fully lubricated. But what I had read made a lot of sense to me. The thread was talking about the different types of lubs. and about where and how much to apply to most slides and rails.

13. russw7

russw7

No Messer262 that's not it. It was a thread on this forum that I was looking for, Thanks

14. messer262

messer262

Sorry, wasnt trying to threadjack. Just picked up my first personal Glock but have lurked here for a while.

15. messer262

messer262

16. GVIFlyer

GVIFlyer Senior Member

+1 for Militec-1.

17. messer262

messer262

Amen to that. I love the smell of it almost as much as Hoppes #9. (Although Hoppes #9 soaked patches set off my Carbon Monoxide detector in the basement when I am cleaning a bunch of guns. It is a big basement too and the CO detector is on the other side)

18. russw7

russw7

Messer, that's still not the one, Thanks

19. messer262

messer262

damn, sorry. Ill crawl back to my cubby and play by myself.

20. yO B

yO B