GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just don`t know , guys ... here in Florida , the conceal permit have nothing to do with the pistol that you want to carry .
I personally rotate my pistols every month or so , even every 2 months , whenever I feel like it .
I had no idea that CA tied the permit to the particular gun that it would be carried , wow ...
The permit is just that , a permit to carry a concealed firearm , regardless of whatever brand or caliber gun you may choose .
I am soo glad I live on a free republican ruled state !!!!
As per the op question, with respect to Glocks choosing I only have one , my G-30SF which I carry when I want to . My other rotation pistols are my Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact 9mm , my HKC45 and my Sig SP2022 9mm .
I too have a pair of Berettas (90Two and M9) both 9mm but they are simply too big for everyday carry . If I had to choose just one pistol to go into danger or for survival , I would choose my 90Two 9mm with 20rd +1 mag , of course , but for carry it is just too big .

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I just don`t know , guys ... here in Florida , the conceal permit have nothing to do with the pistol that you want to carry .
I personally rotate my pistols every month or so , even every 2 months , whenever I feel like it .
I had no idea that CA tied the permit to the particular gun that it would be carried , wow ...
The permit is just that , a permit to carry a concealed firearm , regardless of whatever brand or caliber gun you may choose .
I am soo glad I live on a free republican ruled state !!!!
You should be. NY permits are required just to possess a handgun, and not all allow for CCW but have at home or range only type permits. And every gun make , model, serial number and caliber is listed on it. Some guys have to apply for more than one permit to have more than a certain number of guns, have to get permission for each new purchase or to sell any handguns that they have even to an FFL.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You should be. NY permits are required just to possess a handgun, and not all allow for CCW but have at home or range only type permits. And every gun make , model, serial number and caliber is listed on it. Some guys have to apply for more than one permit to have more than a certain number of guns, have to get permission for each new purchase or to sell any handguns that they have even to an FFL.
Well... isn`t that something ... In Florida , you don`t need a permit at all to possess a firearm at home , be a pistol or rifle . And when you purchase a firearm from a gun dealer and the background FBI call is made , if you have a CCW license you can take the gun with you , no waiting time .
You can also purchase a firearm from "person to person" with no FBI background call and it is perfectly legal .
It saves you a lot of money , taxes, dealer and shipping fees , etc .
I personally have bought a few guns like that but I make sure I am dealing with another CCW license carrying person , to be on a secure footing .

·
NRA Life Member
5,379 Posts
I'm in the "Triple Caliber" camp...

Gen 3 .40S&W or .357 Sig will shoot 9mm, .40, and .357 all day long with impressive results! Have competed with my G27, G23, and G22 with barrels swapped out in competition and have done quite well with them.

I choose to use the "caliber specific magazines" which can be problematic when you walk out the door with your G27 and a G33 magazine... Would have been an *exciting* reload... but it was a GREAT learning experience...

As always, YMMV...

:waving:

·
Registered
62 Posts
In Illinois the Concealed Carry License is to the person not to the type of gun. So I mostly carry A Glock 19 or a Glock 26., or a S&W shield 9mm EZ. Every So often I will carry a Colt or S&W 38 Special snub nose. On the days when I am going to a city with a bad reputation I will carry a back up gun usually a Beretta Bobcat 22 or a Browning Baby in 25 ACP.

·
Registered
68 Posts
States like California suck, who they trying to placate or protect. I spent a few months there in 71 and 72, before and after Viet Nam deployment. It was ok then , people treated you ok, except Jane Fonda types.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts