Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glockside, Oct 20, 2020.
Glock 26 9mm
Glock 27 .40
Glock 36 .45
These ideas for caliber swapping are great, but not approved here in occupied Kalifornia. Permit requires mfg/model, s/n AND caliber.
G30, G26 and G19. Or possibly a G23, along with a 9mm conversion barrel, instead of the G19.
G19 and G26. I don’t know what’s no the CA roster, but something smaller than the G26 ideally... How about a J-Frame revolver?
There's only one solution to that problem:
Of course the 19 and 20 are must haves and a CA CQB should be one of those prerequisite thangs
Having left CA six years ago, I feel your pain. If it were me: G19, G26 and 9mm Shield. The version 1.0 M&P Shield is not that bad. Here in GA we can carry any damn thing we wish, up to and including a Barrett.
This is enough to really make you mad. (How I miss CA.)
If I had to make the CA choice of three carry guns.
1. Glock 26
You can put Glock 19 or 17 mags with a sleeve on it for a larger grip if need be, and make it smaller when you need to.
2. A small lightweight 380 for times for deep concealment where weight might be an issue like in gym shorts for a jog. Or in a fancy suit where pocket or ankle carry might be more appropriate.
An airweight revolver like a S&W 642 can do this role but won’t be as flat to the body but is every comfortable in appendix carry .
3) that’s a lifestyle choice one. Are you going to be in the woods a lot? Maybe a larger caliber for animals.
Maybe another caliber or that “ fun” gun. For example, I guy I know wanted the Dirty Harry gun. No reason other than he wanted it.
Or the “ Die Hard” gun.
If you think CA is bad, try NY. We can only have what’s on our permit. Not just carry what is on our permit, but only own the handguns on our permit. But we can get most of the newer concealed carry guns if we are willing to jump thru the hoops and they approve it.
If only Gen 3:
Otherwise: G42/43, G43X/48/19, 17.
Well first of all, it depends on what county you get your permit from. Riverside and Orange allow 6 guns, San Bernardino only 3. It's an easy answer, a G17, G19 and a G26 (or one and two of the other, or 3 of the same). Newbies always think they need a tiny gun because it's easy to conceal. Yes, but it's much more difficult to grip and manage recoil, ie, much harder to make the same hit than running a G17. And after all, it may be the one hit you need to make in your whole life. The only people who notice any printing are cops, and they think you are a cop, or CCW holders, and they won't say anything unless it's exposed completely.
Not necessarily true. On my permit in Sacramento, I have one Glock listed with multiple calibers. It’s the frame that gets listed on the permit. My issuing agency simply put the multiple calibers next to the serial number of the frame. The issuing agency has some leeway here. The instructor for the CCW class this past year did make me qualify with each caliber and I had to run the course of fire with each different caliber. A couple of years ago, the particular instructor for the class didn’t even bother with making me qualify with each caliber, just had me list the multiple calibers on the paperwork and the IA approved it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hmmm! Live & learn, I guess. Thanks for the update. Something to look into for renewal time.
G19, G26, G36 .45acp.
Given the ten round capacity limit, and that I would import guns when moving into the state, I would choose:
These three guns cover 99% of all my carry needs. The other 1% is a S&W 629 4" for hiking.
Daily. It depends upon how I dress and where I plan upon going. If it's around the house or to the range, many times I'll use a Glock 21. If I'm going to an event that has non-gun people around, I'll go smaller if my clothing cannot guarantee concealment.
Also, the number of guns on the permit varies by county. In El Dorado county, the number is as many as can fit on the card. Other counties have increased the number of guns on the permit. Take a look at Calguns forum CCW subforum.
Two Glock 19s and a S&W J Frame.
Left with only those choices, I'd go with this.