GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
You don't think the 19 and 17 are a bit redundant? I figure I might as well just have 2 19s

How often do you guys in free states rotate between models? The annoying thing about California is the permit is tied to the weapon, so you can't just pick up a new gun and decide to carry it for a bit then swap it out for something else you find in the store. The permit only allows the exact gun you qualified with during the test, by serial number. So the decision is a bit tougher because you are basically committing to the gun for 2 years (the duration of the permit)
I lived in SoCal for the first 42 of my 54 years on this planet. Couldn’t get out fast enough. But, I only rotate between my G26.5 and 43X. 43X get most of it. Can you go with an : LCP, 26.3 and a 19.3? Or maybe a snubbie instead of the LCP?

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,456 Posts
32, 23, and 19. In that order

·
Florist
19,898 Posts
19, 19, 26. With a G19 mag as reload.

Another way to look at CCW guns is... Glocks are the no the end all to CCW guns. Look around and try others before committing to paper.

·
Anti-Federalist
1,999 Posts
Indiana rocks!
I moved to Texas from Indiana 2 and a half years ago because I hate snow. I was suprised to find that Texas carry laws are considerably more stringent than Indiana laws.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Imagine this scenario:

You are limited to 3 pistols for your permit to conceal carry (California). You only have access to Gen 3 Glocks. What 3 Gen3 Glocks would you put on your permit? Obviously I would love a G43 but don't have access to that model and not willing to pay $1,000 for one on the secondary market
I dunno about 3. For years we had 6 here in my country. Now the new sheriff in town has us limited to 5 max.
I went with 23, 27, 30, 36 & Shield 9. I have grandfathered standard mags, so that helps my choices.

YMMV

Ed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
19, 19, 26. With a G19 mag as reload.

Another way to look at CCW guns is... Glocks are the no the end all to CCW guns. Look around and try others before committing to paper.
I know what you are saying, that's why I am leaning heavily towards a S&W Shield for a lightweight single stack carry, but we don't have access to the latest and greatest in carry gun technology. We are limited to the 830 pistols that appear on this list https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/certified-handguns/search

For example, the M&P Shield we are allowed to have is the 1.0 model with the LCI on top and the manual safety. The 2.0 or non-safety versions are not on the "approved handgun roster" and not available for sale from dealers in California. We can't get a Ruger LCP or LCP II. We can't get a Sig 365 or Springfield Hellcat

·
Free Full Clip!
17,135 Posts
G19. (Or G23 with 357 Sig and KKM 9mm conversion barrels)

Then put the money for the other two towards moving expenses.

That's the beauty of America. You don't have to tolerate oppressive laws. Vote with your feet.

I had to try out a couple different states before I found one I could call home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
26,19,and 17
This is exactly what I would suggest. I can comfortably carry any of these and love the idea of having each one for a different situation. I usually carry one of these three models and they fit my needs.

Reactions: knoxrocks222

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since you guys in CA can't have standard capacity mags, 27.3, 23.3, 20.3.
I believe that changed with the recent hearing in the 9th Circuit Court. From my understanding they are now allowed to purchase Standard Capacity magazines for their firearms.

·
I. B. Glockin'...again. :^)
1,714 Posts
21, 26, 36

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Glock 23 with 9mm barrel and 357 barrel, matching magazines
Glock 20 with a matching Glock 21 barrel and magazines
Small 9mm like a 26 or 43.
5 calibers and only 3 guns.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts