close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

help! broke my glock!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dogmeat, May 16, 2003.

1. dogmeat

dogmeat

spent afternoon at the range with my 23. shot wonderfull{as it always has} went thru my usual winchester white box 165gr fmj without any problems, but when I went to field strip and clean it the slide slid right off in my hand! I noticed my slide lock and I think my slide lock spring are gone! I've had this 23 about a year and it's been the best gun I've ever owned, followed manuels instruction, cleaned as needed. Is this something that has happened to anyone else and how easy is this to repair? should I go to glock aromer? or right to glock? I hope I don't lose confidence in this gun because of this. thanks in advance for your comments, dave

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Have your slide lock and slide lock spring replaced. No big deal. It takes about 2 minutes to do corectly. It takes about the same time to do incorrectly.

3. Gecko10

Gecko10

IMHO slide lock springs are a weak point in the Glock and do occasionally break and fail. I just had to replace one in my G36 after about 4-5000 rds. Replacements are very inexpensive and easy to do.

4. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Just remember, ridge to the rear.

5. Flatlander03

Flatlander03 StraightShooter

I was thinking,(dangerous when I do that) does he mean slide lock or the part that locks the barrel in battery?

He did say