Help a brother behind the Iron Curtain...

Discussion in 'Maryland/D. C. Glockers' started by OMCHamlin, May 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. OMCHamlin

OMCHamlin

Hi, I have a brother retired Chief, trapped behind the protective iron fist of the Benevolent Democratic Peoples Republic of Maryland, who owns a pre-2012 S&W M&P M4 type AR carbine. He wants to change the upper out to something like an 18" straight profile barrel with a free float handguard, flat top. Since it was legally owned by him prior to the latest Maryland "Sandy Hook knee jerk" laws being passed, what are the legal implications associated with this project? This is not a post-2012 AR, and is not a "Heavy Barrel" variant. It does not have a flash hider however. Along with the previous questions, can he add a flash hider to his new upper?
    Thanks brothers! Resist!

2. gdstarkey

gdstarkey

Just stumbled on this forum! I also live in MD but I'm VERY lucky to b retired LE. Got a MD CCL and my LEOSA. I've been told I can purchase an AR15 with a heavy barrel. What specifically is this Barrel. Can I recognize an advertisement selling a heavy barrel IF the Ad doesn't specifically say "Heavy Barrel"? Thanks......... Gary S.

3. 303_enfield

303_enfield

He can put any barrel 16" an + on it. If it was a post Oct 1 2013 then it's H bar or larger.

Have him join here:www.mdshooters.com

4. stokesben52

stokesben52

5. stokesben52

stokesben52

correct........Thanks