Glock Talk banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
i wear a full faced arai. but motorcyclist did a test on a ton of helmets. my $550 arai came in about 10th. number one is z1r and second is pepboys about 110 bucks. i do like the scorpion for about $200. forget price and go with fit. wear it around the store for about 1/2 hour. good luck

Chalk up another one... last night we had two cruisers (one still had the dealer tag) bump each other on the highway. One of them was DOA from head trauma, the other has a dent in his head you could set a beer can in (it'll be coloring books for Christmas).
The gearless squids seem to be clearing themselves from the gene pool pretty quickly this summer.

Originally posted by taters
bet it was 2 harley guys. they are about as sharp as marbles
As one old fart to another, dumbass riders are found on all brands.

Just a reminder of the benefits of wearing a helmet. I wear a KBC (look at me, I'm Matt Mladin!) full face about 60% of the time and I until recently did wear a 3/4 Nolan the other 40%. When I was in an accident about 2 weeks ago, I was wearing the Nolan, and experienced no head injuries. I can't tell how hard the impact to the helmet was, nothing was cracked just little chips and nicks all over. But the visor was popped off the left side of the helmet, and I bet those little scratches would have felt much worse without that visor. Where the visor pushed against my face is very obvious from the smudges on the inside of the visor. The visor is flipped partially open in the photo, the tinted part was directly in front of my eyes during the crash.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.