Hello to all glock lovers from So. California

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by sinjinhawk, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

Congratulations. My cul-de-sac has 3 cranky neighbors that are Antifa intolerant towards that kinda “stuff”, one set of sympathizers and a few quiet types. I feel pretty confident it will remain civil here and I’ve already scoped out the distances in case it turns otherwise.
    All good here :lv702:

Ed

2. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I lived in Southern Cal from the time I was 11 years old in 1959 until I went into the military in 1969. When I got out of the military I lived in Northern California (Santa Cruz) for about a year and then moved back to L.A. I lived there until I couldn't stand it anymore and escaped in 1998.

In the sixties and early seventies it was a great place to live when L.A. had a Republican mayor (Sam Yorty) and both republicans and Democrat on the city council and on the county board of supervisors. But after Tom Bradley became Mayor and consolidated the city government under one party control and declared Los Angeles a "sanctuary City" (one of the first cities in the nation to do so) things got progressively worse in the entire state and I finally got out of there. There's still parts of the state that are not bad places to live but the cost of living is pricey.

The only things I miss are swimming in the ocean, hanging out at the beach, and all the different kinds of great food that you can't get anywhere but in a big city. Things like Pink's chili dogs and Tommy's burgers and Sushi bars and Pecos Bills Okie BB-Q and Jewish deli's and really good Chinese restaurants in Chinatown and Lawry's steak house on La Ciénaga.

Squid1 and MCCM like this.

3. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

BW, you’re only about 99.9997% accurate with your recollections of living in LA 30+ (??? Omg!) ago. A lot of those places are still there, and we’re surviving pre-ChiCom flu. Now, probably only the beach and ocean swimming are all that will survive. can someone remind me why I still live here? ... :outtahere:

My 2¢

Ed

4. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I spent a lot of time in Box canyon and the Santa Susana Knowles near Simi Valley. In 1966, a friend of mine worked at Corriganville as a stunt man when they used to put on wild west shows.

Corriganville later became Hopetown after Bob Hope bought it. I lived in Topanga Canyon for a while, too.

https://www.rsrpd.org/simi_valley/historical_landmarks/history_of_corriganville_park.php

5. 30roundmusket

30roundmusket US Army Vet.

Life is better in SC (not southern california). Great food, great weather, great beaches, great people.

6. sinjinhawk

sinjinhawk

There's still a lot of nice places to live in the good o'l U.S.A. but unfortunately the business climate is not the same as in So. Cal. It's a lot more easier to make lots of money here. Hopely when me and my wife decide we have enough to sustain our golden years then that would be the right time to moved out of Komifornia.

7. mojoreeses

mojoreeses

I'm a first time gun owner with a brand new Glock 17 generation 4 and will be following this thread as I unfortunately also live in California.

8. 30roundmusket

30roundmusket US Army Vet.

Did you get the full capacity 17 round mag since the 9th circuit struck down the unconstitutional ammunition limitation law or did you have to go with the 10 rounder?

9. mojoreeses

mojoreeses

Just the 10 rounder unfortunately.

10. TheTiddler

TheTiddler

I’m in Simi as well!

11. Simi_gun_guy

Simi_gun_guy

???

mojoreeses likes this.
  12. Squid1

Squid1

Just filed my LAST CA tax return after moving family and business to AZ. Actually surprised at how great it felt. BTW - for those who have not left yet, and are willing to pay the massively increasing taxes, there is live legislation in Sacramento to increase the personal tax rate to 16.x% -RETROACTIVE to 1-1-2020. Your pension plan is down and those “higher wages” are suddenly less attractive! P.S. I do miss Pinks, Lawreys and the beaches but can visit as long as my diesel powered Jeep is allowed across the border (where I fill my backup tanks with diesel at $2.xx less than CA.)

MCCM and Simi_gun_guy like this.