hello room thinking about customizing a glock, tell me about 10mm

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by datruth, Apr 29, 2007.

1. datruth

datruth

hello, I have two glock 45s already g30 and g21SF but i want to customize a glock, ronnieb at boomboomtactical,,i told him a glock 17, but i want something a little something different, i have not seen one yet, it wont be a 45, i really considered a 9 may be a 40 but what is a 10mm in comparison tell me a little about it school me, ammo, ballistics/power and general uses thanks god bless,hooah

2. LAK Supply

LAK Supply Guest

10mm..... Probably the most-versatile autoloader in existence. Everything from 95 gr. to 230 gr. bullets. You can down-load to light .40 power, and you can hit mid-range .41 magnum hunting ballistics with the right load. I used to be a big .40 fan, but the day I picked up my 10mm I've been hooked!!!

Check out Double Tap Ammo.... Mike has customers that have taken BIG pigs, Bison, and Moose with his loads. The bison was 1200+ lbs and was taken with a shot (Double Tap 200 gr. Beartooth hardcast) that broke both shoulders.

I have a 6" barrel in one of my G-20's and the 135 gr. Noslers are running around 1700 fps/700+ lbs. (they damn near blow up when they hit....I think frag nasty is the term Mike uses for them) & 200 gr. hardcast loads are 1400+ fps/ 850+ lbs.

Also, with only a barrel swap (in the Glock 20 anyway) you can shoot .40 S&W, .357 Sig, and 9x25 Dillon. There are loads available in the 9x25 (10mm necked down to 9mm) that are 95 gr. moving at 2000 fps!

I ran some hillbilly tests the other day..... Stacked the 10mm w/200 gr. hardcasts up against a .44 mag with 240 gr. hardcasts. We stopped trying to compare at 6- 3/4" pieces of pine, 8- 3/4" pieces of plywood, 2- 2"x8" planks from a picnic table, and one layer of pallets. Both guns punched through all of the above and none of the bullets could be recovered (stuck in the bank somewhere 20-30 yards behind the target wood). Even a couple of the rounds that hit the 2x4's in the pallets punched through. Please note that this was with a 6" barrel in the Glock, not the factory unit. The .44 had a 6" barrel as well (S&W 629). The 10mm was actually louder than the .44 with the ammo we were using!

While the 10mm won't hit anything other than low-end .44 territory, it performs just above .357 mag and solidly into .41 mag territory; with 15 + 1 capacity! Although the 10mm does not have the case capacity of the wheelgun magnums, it operates at between 2000 & 4000 psi higher than the .357, .41, and .44. It is a magnum load in an autoloader.

Don't know what else to say...... You get speed, penetration, capacity, and versatility all in one package. The ONLY downside I've found is that ammo is more expensive than other common loads, and it's not commonly available in many areas. If you reload this is not an issue, and with the 10mm - .40 conversion barrel you can shoot .40 if the 10mm isn't available.

Here's a shot of my 10 twins. The OD one's mine and the black one's my wife's (yes, she has a 10mm, and she groups 6" at 15-20 yards!
    :hearts: ). Mine has a 6" Jarvis barrel, TruGlo TFO's, ext. slide catch and mag release, Ghost 3.5 lb disconnect w/stop, angled and polished trigger bar (reset's about 1/8" and it breaks like you wouldn't believe!) SS guide rod & 20 or 22 lb Wolff spring kits (depending on which barrel's in it and what I'm shooting), aluminum striker assy cover, rounded trigger guard, and magwell. Wife's has sights, magwell, and Glock 3.5 lb. disconnect. They are both a blast to shoot..... The Jarvis barrel doesn't like some ammo as it has a match chamber, but other than that no problems with either gun ever.

[​IMG]

3. InlineSpeeder

InlineSpeeder

Datruth, Ronnie has customized two of my guns, a Glock 36 and a Glock 19, he does great work and really seems to have a passion for what he does. You might want to ask him about 10mm as I understand he is a 10mm nut does the reloading and all that he has a beautiful 10mm Glock 6 inch long slide and a couple very nice custom Delta Elites. Anyway here is my 10 cents worth the Glock 20 is almost identical to the Glock 21 as far as the frame and slide are concerned. The ammo for the 10mm is much more expensive than the 45 so it will cost you a little more if you like to shoot, some ranges don’t even carry 10mm ammo in my area. I would say the 10m is somewhere in between the 41 magnum and 44 magnum when it comes to power especially with Mikes double tapp ammo. It has better penetration than the 45 but doesn’t make as big of a hole as the 45 and there will be more recoil with the 10mm Glock 20 compared to the Glock 21 neither of which is unbearable. It has a huge following as you can tell by the great posters in this forum. I honestly believe the 10mm has been making somewhat of a comeback. Here is a great link for more info on the 10mm http://www.geocities.com/mr_motorhead/10tech.html I have had several Glock’s in my time but there is one Glock that I have never traded and has its own special spot in my safe, my Glock 20:)

4. LAK Supply

LAK Supply Guest