Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am just started with IPSC for six months now. Attending the matches in the Standard division with a Glock 34 (see attachment). Not doing so good, but I have a plan ;-). More training, more attendance to matches, care for my material and I believe that 2017 will be good for me. Reading through this forum will give me also a way to gather information. Thanks for this platform, have all a happy new year ending and a successful 2017. Greetings Roy Pesik

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! If you have a minute, would you mind giving a brief rundown of the gun laws over there? It's always interesting to hear from the source, about the gun culture elsewhere.
Hmmm, there is not really a "gun-minded" atmosphere here in the Netherlands. Sometimes it is not done to talk about my hobby. Anyway, in a nutshell: the rules to become a member of a gun club are (at this moment): - to apply you need to show a permit of good conduct issued by the police in your area. Then you will be a prospect member for one year. During this time you can only shoot with club firearms and .22 caliber only (although it will be different in 2017, 9mm/.38 is then also allowed). After one year you can choose which discipline you are going to shoot in. You can then buy the firearm that suits that discipline. All that time from prospect to full licensed member you need to have at least 18 practices a year that needs to be documented. This needs to be showed to the government service every year to extend your license. No more then 5 weapons can be issued to one person/license. And only for the disciplines that are approved (no .50cal or automatic guns for instance). No guns may be carried outside in public places. Only allowed when it is "on route" to the gunsite or match.

Anyway, I can talk more about this and know for sure that I have left out some. But this is it for now. Have a happy new years ending (that is for us in approx. 4 hours from now)

·
Registered
21,888 Posts
Welcome from western Kansas!

Reactions: RoyPesik and Paul7

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Welcome to GT.

Reactions: RoyPesik

·
Life is good