Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the other day, I've been reading in some of the forums in the past, mostly about the 10mm.

I currently have a G20 SF, and a G19. In the past I have had a 33 and a 20c.

I am trying to decide if I will get a Gen 4 26 for concealed carry. I'm mostly looking for solutions to carry the 26 since it is hot and humid where I live and I'm thin and don't like overly baggy clothing.

Glocks are my favorite pistols overall, for obvious reasons, but hard to conceal on a thinner guy. My next choice is a Sig P290, but dislike the long trigger pull.

It takes around 3 months for the concealed permits to be issued here, so I have some time to think about it.

Hopefully ya'll can help me out with ideas so I can stick with the Glock.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Hey Matt, let me be the first to welcome you. Since I live in NJ and don't carry, I can't answer your question- sorry.

I have family in Calabash. I hope to get out of Jersey at some point and move to the Carolinas. When I do, I'll probably pack a G19 and I'll have plenty of belly to conceal it!

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,802 Posts
:welcome: Enjoy GT....................

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hey Matt, I am located somewhat near the coast of NC myself. Dang I did not know it is now taking approx. 3 months to get a carry permit. I got my permit back in 2009 and it took 45 days from the day I turned in all of the paperwork.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, everyone I've talked to lately says it took them about 3 months. I took the class about 12 years ago and never filled out the paperwork because I didn't really feel the need to carry then... times have changed and I would like to exercise my right a little more so now.

I take the class again in a week, and hope to get the permit within 90 days...we'll see.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I look forward to getting more info here.

Matt

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Welcome to GT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts