Glock Talk banner

Hello from Parkland, FL

1954 Views 32 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  TX OMFS
Hello to all members!! I live with my wife and kid in Parkland, FL. And yes, I'm a proud father of a very brave and lucky MSD freshman student. Since the event we decided to follow 2nd and protect our home, so I bought a G17. Never bought or used a gun before, but since then I've found besides home protection, a new interesting hobby. In two weeks I've gone through 1,000 rounds, installed a Venom Red Dot and going regularly to Gun World for practice. Doing great groups at 25yds so this keeps me going. As a newcomer I've read and perform some basic upgrades as installing an extended carrier release (tough to get this apart without it), and now I am trying to understand the science behind a 3.5 trigger connect. Based on Youtube it seems the Ghost brand is the top choice, but how to select from their 9 variations!!!! I want a better trigger performance for my range practice, not considering to CC the G17, perhaps a G26 or G43 later down the road, when I learn more about it. If you could shed some light with these Ghosts it will be appreciated. Have a great day, you'all.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
29,463 Posts
Welcome. Nice job getting the G17! Which Gen did you get?

· Registered
1,365 Posts
Welcome to you and your family to Glocktalk. You can alter your Glock all you want to but it's a good idea to keep your self-defense Glock pretty much stock. Maybe some new sights. If you want to have a Glock to fun around with and it is fun to see what you can wring out of the platform the Glocktalk solution is to get a second Glock!

· Good looking deplorable
7,201 Posts
First. Welcome to GT
Second. I am sorry that you and your kid had to go through that.
Third. Like others said. If you are new to Glocks, just leave it alone. It will work great just like it is. The most important thing that you can do with that Glock, is practice.

· Registered
764 Posts
Howdy! Welcome from Texas.
Sorry for all of the heartache your community is going through.
I recently acquired the G17 Gen 5, after the church shooting last November here in Texas. For general home defensive use and gun ownership, I recommend you read and watch information from Massad Ayoob. He is also on the Go Ask the Expert (GATE) Self-Defense forum of GlockTalk.

· Right wing nut
9,451 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.