Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone!

So with all the lockdowns in place and all the local places shutdown my place is cleaner than the day I moved in, I’ve binged watched every show I have ever even considered watching - and I don’t even like tv..

I have always been interested in poly 80 / “homemade” firearms. Although I am very fortunate and grateful to live in a “safe” area I still take protecting me and mine seriously. In addition to caring about being able to protect myself and family, the seemingly constant encroachment on our 2nd Amendment REALLY bothers me. I am far from a conspiracy theory nut job but I do believe that the day guns are confiscated or even more likely mandatorily required to be registered and ownership “approved” by the government is closer than we often want to acknowledge. I really hope I am wrong but as our rights are being taken more and more every day due to this Corona nonsense the concept of a weapon capable of defending my home and family that the gov’t Is not aware of is very comforting to me. SOOO...After countless hours on you tube watching tactical toolbox, MGB, and many other poly 80 builder videos, I have taken the plunge and ordered a PF940v2 kit. I went with a Glock build for my first project due largely to the huge amount of aftermarket support and because In my mind, milling and working with polymer Is bound to be a bit easier than working with metal. Selecting the G17 is just based on personal preference - full size grip, greater capacity, etc.

Just an FYI, I am not a convicted felon, ever been charged with any domestic violence charge, never been adjudicated to be mentally incompetent, etc. This is not A way for me to skirt any current laws just something I am interested in and am approaching from a hobby perspective.

I am not a gunsmith in any way but I am reasonably capable of following instructions and mechanically inclined. I don’t have a professional grade machine shop but own a Dremel and a decent collection of hand tools, etc. obtained over a typical lifetime.

Please forgive the lengthy intro. If any one has any helpful tips or tricks or advice for this first build please feel free to share.

Finally, is there a photo page here? I’d love to take a look just for ideas on color, slide, barrel selection, etc.

Thanks in advice for any feedback!

- RONO

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts
Welcome to G.T. from southern Illinois. Good luck with your project, many members have built these 80% kits and most were successful.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Welcome!

Come on down to SC. We still have plenty of freedom for everyone. Guns stores and ranges are considered essential. You can even get a haircut here if you want to!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Hello and Welcome.

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,794 Posts
Enjoy GT:welcome:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts