Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please allow me to introduce myself.

I am new to this forum, but not new to guns. I am primarily a shotgunner, I shoot Trap, 5-Stand, and Sporting Clays. In a typical week I shoot about 200 shells.

I own a few shotguns, some are for home defense, and others are for "Clay Games". I do not hunt.

I own a G17 gen3, and have owned this pistol since I bought it new. It has several thousand rounds down the pipe and the trigger is crisp and consistent. This gun is for general target fun, but sits bedside every night. It has a light, but is otherwise stock with 17+2 magazines. I also own a G26 gen4. This is my carry gun and the factory 10 round magazine fits my hand. My pinky finger curls under the base plate and my off hand wraps my fingers and slightly cups under my pinky to make for and extremely stable grip. I actually shoot the 26 better than the 17. The 26 has a CrimsonTrace laser guard and fits quite nicely in a Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe. This 26 is new, so I don't yet have many rounds down the pipe, but I expect to get a couple thousand through it in the next month or two to break it in and prove stability.

The 17 has stovepiped a few shell casings, but those were intentional experiments with limp wristing intended to search for the limits of the gun. It has also had a few light primer strikes, but I think a thorough tear down and cleaning has resolved those issues. Over the years the firing pin channel had gotten a bit wet and dirty with random collected oil and residue. Clean and dry now, it should be fine for another several thousand rounds.

I reload shot shells, but I do not reload metallic. That may change if ammo prices stay high. 9mm was never worth reloading when ammo was cheap and plentiful.

I look forward to participating in this forum, and thank you for your welcomes.

·
Urban *******
2,365 Posts
Welcome from KY

·
Semper Fi
7,259 Posts
:welcome: from the Louisville area.

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
29,804 Posts
:welcome: Enjoy GT....................