Hello from colorado!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by anjroid86, Mar 29, 2020.

1. 1bigK

1bigK

Welcome to the group. Folks here are a little leery of trolls and the like, you can’t totally blame them.

Regarding those mags, I would suggest that you get some 15’s for CC when you become legal. You don’t want to give a DA any little BS to trip you up on if you are ever stopped and the LEO’s decide to take a look at what you are carrying, or you were to end up using it for self defense. I think that the gun shop was negligent in not changing the mags before selling the gun to you, IMHO. Don’t let their negligence become your legal nightmare if the worst did happen. The original mags are still good for the range though.

Watch out for Denver, their laws are stricter (no grandfather clause), and while they are challengeable in court, that would still cost a lot of money.

Find you some good quality CCW training that includes range time. Ask around local gun shops and gun community for recommendations. I have been fortunate to have met some excellent LEO types who are imminately qualified and were awesome trainers, but neither one is still around for that. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anjroid86 and El Pistolero like this.
  2. Jan R Whitaker

Jan R Whitaker

Welcome from Northern Indiana , enjoy the conversation.

anjroid86 likes this.

3. steve1911

steve1911

Welcome!

1911club#410

anjroid86 likes this.
  4. Toocool45

Toocool45

Welcome to the forum. You got a good pistol. I would check with local laws and adhere to them. No sense bringing on bad ju ju for yourself. They do make 15 round magazines that fit the G45, G17, G34,and G17L models. Its the same magazine.

anjroid86 likes this.
  5. DevinBreeding

DevinBreeding

No problem. Not really saying anyone here is a bully just that they have been fairly critical (somewhat warranted) of new gun owners in the current state of things. Critical that they all waited to care about their rights until tough circumstances enlightened them. Personally, I welcome as many more people realizing the importance.

anjroid86 likes this.
  6. RockingtheGlock

RockingtheGlock What is normal for the Spider is chaos to the Fly

Hey Anjroid86, just like you I just purchased my first gun for home protection during these weird times we're in. I'm in CO too. I was lucky enough to find a brand new G17 Gen5! I was also lucky enough to grab two boxes of Home Defense hollow point rounds. I have placed an order for 400 practice 9mm rounds from an online store and they should be delivered on Wednesday. I am looking forward to the indoor ranges opening up to be able to practice with it for the first time.

anjroid86 likes this.
  7. El Pistolero

El Pistolero bene vivere Silver Member

7,850 ft up in the New Mexico Rocky Mountains
    Welcome from your neighbor to the south! :waving::cowboy:

anjroid86 likes this.
  8. flyby1971

flyby1971

Hello and Welcome.

anjroid86 likes this.