Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got myself a 'cat. Nice gun, seems to shoot well, recoil is a bit snappy, but nothing too outrageous. Only issue I ran into is my trigger finger seems to be getting pinched. It's fine during dry fire, but during actual shooting, I guess the recoil is causing my fingertip to get pinched between the trigger and guard. Anyone else run into this issue? Any advice on how to avoid? I normally squeeze the trigger with the tip of my finger (on the first pad). Maybe if I pushed it in more, so the trigger is closer to the first joint, that'd help? It did it enough that I got a small blister, which is annoying.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had the same experience with my Hellcat. I loved everything else about it, so I had an Apex trigger kit installed in it….problem solved.

Reactions: beaversgs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same as I hold all my autos, pretty much like this:

I tend to use the the portion of my finger closer to the tip, so I was going to experiment with using the part closer to the first joint. At any rate, if the Apex trigger alleviates the issue, then I'll be a happy camper. I don't plan on shooting this gun a ton anyway, but comfort is good.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just got myself a 'cat. Nice gun, seems to shoot well, recoil is a bit snappy, but nothing too outrageous. Only issue I ran into is my trigger finger seems to be getting pinched. It's fine during dry fire, but during actual shooting, I guess the recoil is causing my fingertip to get pinched between the trigger and guard. Anyone else run into this issue? Any advice on how to avoid? I normally squeeze the trigger with the tip of my finger (on the first pad). Maybe if I pushed it in more, so the trigger is closer to the first joint, that'd help? It did it enough that I got a small blister, which is annoying.
Never had a problem with either of my Hellcats. Maybe it is jumping too much in your hand. Maybe you aren't holding it firmly or maybe it's just not for you.

·
I'm not retired
8,167 Posts
Same as I hold all my autos, pretty much like this:

I tend to use the the portion of my finger closer to the tip, so I was going to experiment with using the part closer to the first joint. At any rate, if the Apex trigger alleviates the issue, then I'll be a happy camper. I don't plan on shooting this gun a ton anyway, but comfort is good.
Since it appears you're holding the trigger low enough to let the skin get caught under it (and between the trigger guard) when it resets, why not just move your finger up the shoe, a little. Tip of the finger or close to the fist joint (where I pull, BTW) isn't going to matter if you're pulling low on the shoe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since it appears you're holding the trigger low enough to let the skin get caught under it (and between the trigger guard) when it resets, why not just move your finger up the shoe, a little. Tip of the finger or close to the fist joint (where I pull, BTW) isn't going to matter if you're pulling low on the shoe.
I think my finger naturally curves down a little when it's on the trigger. Maybe that's part of my problem. I can try to keep it higher, but I think the Apex trigger will solve the problem. Plus, it sounds like it's better overall than the stock one, so win-win.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts