GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellcat OSP, approximately 200 rounds. Federal 115, Federal 115 aluminum, Blazer 115, Aguila 124, and Remington UMC 115 JHP. New gun. Did not clean prior to the range session but did add oil per the manual’s instructions - very little is required.

Ran all of the ammo without issue. Recoil was very manageable and the gun was easy to shoot. Very accurate for such a little gun. I did get a little pinky sting on my grip hand where the pinky extender mag meets the grip.

Very happy with this little gun which will replace my Glock 43 as my carry pistol. The Hellcat shot so well and accurately that I’m not sure if I’ll add a red dot.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the report, the Hellcat is best in the micro 9mm IMO. Throw a little dot on it and you will fly threw the targets!
I’m sure I will at some point, but no hurry now due to the accuracy. I’ve seen some videos where the reviewers shot consistently low and left. Had that been the case, I would be looking to add a dot quickly. As it is now, I’ll continue to shoot it for a while. It was actually a fun gun to shoot.

With the 13+1 capacity of the extended mag, it really makes larger, compact sized pistols obsolete.

I didn’t mention the trigger because I really didn’t think about it. It must have been good because I never worried with finger placement. Wasn’t too heavy, breaks crisply, and the reset isn’t too long.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I got mine in a couple of weeks ago. I got the Desert FDE OSP and love it. I put 160 through it and keeping them in a 6" group at 15 yards is fairly easy.
I'm gonna put a dot on it but not quiet sure which one. I have a Versa Max 2 that should be here in a few weeks.
Like you, I love this little gun. It's replacing my 48 as a carry gun.

·
Registered
10,571 Posts
i want the hellcat or the Sig 365 because they are small and easy to conceal. wouldn't a red dot add too much for conceal-ability?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want the hellcat or the Sig 365 because they are small and easy to conceal. wouldn't a red dot add too much for conceal-ability?
The dot does add to the footprint of the gun. However, if you run the Shield SMSC, which is a polymer framed dot, it makes the gun a tiny bit lighter. Apparently that dot is lighter than the removable plate.

·
Registered
30,843 Posts
The dot does add to the footprint of the gun. However, if you run the Shield SMSC, which is a polymer framed dot, it makes the gun a tiny bit lighter. Apparently that dot is lighter than the removable plate.
I don't think anyone is going to notice the difference of a tenth of an ounce.

Reactions: BigMoneyGrip

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Thanks for the post. Thinking about one (FDE OSP). Got rid of a Sig 365 because grip was too small and too vertical. Hellcat grip looks about right. I like my G48 a lot but a little smaller pistol would be great.

Reactions: 835mag

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
200 rounds????

did you get a home equity loan or something to finance this??
Pre-pandemic priced ammo. Of course replacing that ammo will be expensive. I knew I wanted to carry this gun, so I wanted to try it out with several types of ammo and JHP’s to test reliability.

And at least once during the session I loaded up the mags to capacity, chambered, and then topped off the mags to make sure it feeds with full capacity. You do have to make sure to push the mag in when it’s full and a round is chambered.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Congrats on the HC. My search for a micro 9 came to a screeching halt when I took delivery of my HC. Like mentioned, I found my 365 just a bit small in the grip and just "off" for me with the grip angle so vertical. I'm at close to 1000rds without a single hiccup.

The only thing I have done is the Talon grip cover and APEX aluminum trigger kit. Both well worth the $$. Rides in a vedder and is comfy and hidden.

Triggers before and after..

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today at the range was similar to the day I rented a CZ Shadow 2. I had been running my Glocks and M&P’s in USPSA, but hadn’t really decided to get a dedicated competition gun. Once I shot the Shadow 2, I changed my mind and shortly thereafter, purchased one just for USPSA.

I’ve previously owned 3 different carry guns, a S&W Shield, a S&W 442, and the Glock 43. And I’ve tried others at the range. I really liked the G43. Small, reliable and for me, a very good shooter. But, I’m giving the 43 to a family member who just completed the requirements for a carry permit.

But, after shooting the Hellcat today, I realized that I finally found my carry gun. It’s going to take something very innovative to top the Hellcat.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I would like to try a Hellcat. The one I fondled in the shop felt right in my hands, small and compact but thick enough for me to grip properly (unlike the 365, which is too thin).

Local range will hopefully have one to rent some day.

·
M&P
5,774 Posts
I really really want(ed) a P365. However, I shot one a little over a year ago and it came off ‘the list’. Well, about 4-5 months ago, the wife and I start walking the neighborhood and we only have one ‘small’ gun to share, Ruger LC9s Pro. But, the P365 is about the same size with more bullets. I’m just not sure I can do a Springfield, as I’ve had such an aversion to them over the past 15 years. But I’m not sure I can do the P365 either after shooting it. So, may have to fondle the Hellcat to see if it’s doable.

Well, anyways, congrats and great luck carrying it!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Congrats on the HC. My search for a micro 9 came to a screeching halt when I took delivery of my HC. Like mentioned, I found my 365 just a bit small in the grip and just "off" for me with the grip angle so vertical. I'm at close to 1000rds without a single hiccup.

The only thing I have done is the Talon grip cover and APEX aluminum trigger kit. Both well worth the $$. Rides in a vedder and is comfy and hidden.

Triggers before and after..
How difficult was the trigger on the hellcat? About the same as a Glock?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I really really want(ed) a P365. However, I shot one a little over a year ago and it came off ‘the list’. Well, about 4-5 months ago, the wife and I start walking the neighborhood and we only have one ‘small’ gun to share, Ruger LC9s Pro. But, the P365 is about the same size with more bullets. I’m just not sure I can do a Springfield, as I’ve had such an aversion to them over the past 15 years. But I’m not sure I can do the P365 either after shooting it. So, may have to fondle the Hellcat to see if it’s doable.

Well, anyways, congrats and great luck carrying it!
If its a micro youre after, the HC is a great choice. Its a micro version of the already trusted XDS line. If your aversions keep you away, try a traditional Sub compact like 26, P10S, PPQSC, or M&P9 2.0 SC. The size difference isnt earth shattering.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts