Hellcat kills 10,000 rounds !

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by glockguns, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Intolerant

Intolerant

You do have a point jr...
    BUT, i want to see it perform with hollow points. The HP bullets that really matter.
    Anybody can claim to bang off a bunch of round nose without much of a failure rate.
    It took me quite awhile to pass the 10,000rd mark with my P365, but it did do it, without failures,
    but that was ALL with round nose range ammo. My P365 also shoots hollow points like a boss too.

I would have to say i would want to see where this gun is at a year from now, before i`d ever consider buying one. I hope to see it in a blue state 10rd version, i`d like to try it out.

jr24 likes this.
  2. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

That's probably the first Hellcat to go 10,000 miles without needing major repairs :)

nursetim, AdamRodgers, dudel and 3 others like this.

3. Skidoo

Skidoo

Sure beats the 750 round it took to break my Sig 365

4. Master Guns

Master Guns

Great post. Tired of the Haters and fan boys. I am glad the Hellcat is doing great right off the bat. Another gun to choose from. 300,000 rounds lmao GTFO.

5. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

And he loads 20,000 rounds a month on a 550.

TacticalDesire likes this.
  6. Master Guns

Master Guns

And?? I’m sure I have as many rounds as anyone.. that doesn’t mean anything. Are you dating the guy? We are talking hellcat and and he comes with the Glock 17 BS. Come on man.

DAKA, powernoodle and glocker1 like this.
  7. Master Guns

Master Guns

I felt they are both ok for what they are. I have a 365. It’s good to see another pistol going.

8. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

I think you misunderstood.

I think the 300k claim on a 30+ year old gun is a lot more likely than loading 20k a month on a 550. Although I’m unlikely to actually believe either.

That would be over $14k per year just in 115gr cast bullets (@ $60/1k, double that, or more, for plated/FMJ or heavier bullets) - not to mention 60-70 hours a month pulling a 550 handle.

Master Guns likes this.
  9. 45caldan

45caldan

While your statement is correct on face value, this isn't 1950. Pistols built today with SD in mind usually come with nice polished feed ramps and with using SD ammo in mind.
    I have not seen a Hellcat in person yet but I am SURE that it will be as I stated...

10. bac1023

bac1023

Very true

11. powernoodle

powernoodle

Wow - lots of naysayers. I think this derives from the fact that Glock has not done anything innovative since 1983, and has no product - nor has any plans to develop a product - that can compete with the Hellcat and P365. Fans of Glock - and I include myself - see the company allowing itself to be left behind as new technology and innovation moves forward. And Fanboy frustration manifests in disparaging comments about other makers - in this case Springfield Armory - when the real issue is Glock's intransigence. People want an 11+1 micro Glock, with OEM night sights and awesome ergos for $499, but know it will never happen.

For my part, the Hellcat is the "best" current combination of size, capacity, ergos and features one can find in an everyday carry gun. I am hoping it proves to be reliable and durable, and that seems to be the case.

Loving me some Hellcat:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/loving-me-some-hellcat.1794920/#post-27926278

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  12. DAKA

DAKA

Looks like a winner...GOOD
    Something to replace overpriced GLOCKS

Intolerant, Deputydave and glockguns like this.
  13. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Although I'm not interested in the HC, I'd say the test was impressive. I didn't watch the whole video and skipped to the end to find out the results and duration. 10K rounds in the space of a couple of days with no non-ammo related issues is impressive and a positive indication of the capabilities of this pistol. Many of the early production 365's could not (and did not) accomplish that level of performance. So it will be very interesting to see, as time proceeds, how both the HC and 365 do as round counts climb.

n2g, Intolerant and glockguns like this.
  14. glockguns

glockguns

Bingo. It's just what I was about to post.

Intolerant likes this.
  15. glockguns

glockguns

Well I beat you by 50 rounds, my p365 broke at 800 :)

72Cheyenne, Intolerant and Deputydave like this.
  16. glockguns

glockguns

I think you nailed it.

17. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    I looked at one a couple weeks ago. Seems like a nice pistol to me. Watching a little of the video makes me think that even more so. I don't know if I will toss my two 43s for one but one never knows. I might pick one up in the future.

The only thing I am not sure I like or not is the sights. Those are really different from anything I have used before. I would have to shoot one to see how they work for me. Otherwise, it fit my hands well and I also have big hands. The only way my 43s work for me is by using +2 extensions from strike industries.

Anyway, cool video OP thanks for sharing. Now if I could just get someone to donate 10,000 rounds and some cool steel targets to me.

pgg00, Intolerant and jr24 like this.
  18. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

Mine broke at 550. Do I win a prize?

(If the 3 failures to extract I had within the last 100 rounds prior to breakage were gun problems and not ammo problems, it was even earlier).

I like the dimensions & design of the P365. I'd rather not swap to a Hellcat, but I am seriously considering it. ☹️

Intolerant and Deputydave like this.
  19. Retiredguns

Retiredguns

I have not had a single malfunction with several types of ammo including 3 flavors of hollow points. Freedom munitions, Hornady critical defense and HST. Don't think ammo will be an issue. Some folks have noticed slightly increased recoil over the 365, but if this comes with added reliability, I'll take it. Personally, I find the recoil very similar to my 365 and G43.

20. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

I have been busy the last week and didn't wander into a gun store to see if the Hellcats were in stock, so sadly, I haven't held or shot one.

I don't believe unscientific online torture tests prove anything. But they can sometimes provide date to the information vacuum to help provide forward-looking hints and a bit of perspective. Having a brand new gun go 10,000 rounds without an issue is a great thing to see from a new firearm. Period.

It says nothing about potential lifetime or bench-marking against other historical guns, but it is obviously a fantastic start. Some may fawn over the 10,000 round test, some may spit on it, but it is one of the early indicators that this is a fantastic option in the micro-gun race!

I want to hold and shoot one, and I will (hopefully soon!). I have no idea if it will displace my 365, but I am open to giving it a chance! Springfield nailed this! It is an exciting little gun! It will be interesting to see if S&W mentions plans for one at the next S.H.O.T. show. Glock will take a lot longer, but hopefully they take note and offer something similar.

IowaWinter and AdamRodgers like this.