Hellcat for the 51st ?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Border Bandit 32, Dec 4, 2019.

1. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

OP ... yeah, it's your bday so if the money isn't an issue, go for it!

Regarding the Ruger SRs ...

I feel they are one of the most under appreciated handguns out there.

I have an SR9 I shoot in competition and for whatever reason, I shoot it better than any other Glock I have. Rock solid reliability, accurate, great ergos. Has a safety, but set up to be optional use. Yes, has a magazine block so won't fire round if mag is out, but that's one youtube video and 90 seconds to remove it, fully reversible. Just throwing in my 2 cents.

45caldan and PRKJayhawk like this.
  2. Retiredguns

Retiredguns

SIG fans heavily touted capacity as something that made a pistol like a G43 and many others "obsolete" and labeled the 365 as a benchmark. Does a non LE/Military person need more than 5,6,7,8 rounds? Likely (hopefully) never, but I'll bet no one ever said "I wish I had one less round".

As to the OP question. I owned both and now only own the Hellcat. It is definitely NOT because it holds an additional round. Both the 365 and HC have capacity covered well. My reasons are the overall ergos, sights, grip circumference and most importantly to me the grip angle. Having stated my reasons, I'll say that the 365 is a fine pistol. I don't see why so many need to be cult-ish on their decisions. I vote with my wallet, not opinion.

NoComp and 45caldan like this.

3. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

I have read alot of good and some bad about the SR45 on the interweb