Hedgehogs

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Alpha752, May 15, 2005.

1. Alpha752

Alpha752

I was in PetLand the other day and saw they had a hedgehog. Never seeing one I was quite enthraled, and wanted to touch it. There was no top on the cage so I assumed it was open to be touched. After getting poked by it a couple times (cause im stupid and kept letting myself get skewered), the girl came over and picked him up. I was fasinated, and I told my GF that I wanted one. I was kinda joking, but the more I thought about it, the cooler it seemed. I have done a lot of reading on the net about them, and they seem like really cool pets. They are grumpy, and ornery, but ultimatly nice and lovible... just like me. ;f

So, does anyone here have any experience with hedgehogs as pets? I am a bit concerned because the one in the pet store is almost 2 years old, and its best to get them young. I am having trouble finding others in the area.

Anyone have any advice, thoughts, opinions on our spiny friends? I think they rock, and am looking forward to getting one soon.

Thanks,
    Russ

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech