close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Heck yes!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by seaswol, Feb 27, 2010.

1. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

PLEASE READ: http://glocktalk.com/forums/announcement.php?f=19
    .40 S&W Club #1, 1911 Club #1067
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    http://dfuse.us
    Defensive Firearms Use and Safety Education

Glock buried the 9mm with Glocks adoption of the bastard .357 Sig round and then trumped that with Glock's own .45 GAP and prolonged the thumping of the 9mm with the omnipotent 10mm. (9mm is dead at Glock's hand, long live...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Chris

2. seaswol

seaswol NRA Life Member

Oh no!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's face it, folks, this caliber has been around for a long time, but how many of the 49 State Level Agencies have adopted it? It is lagging far behind the .45GAP that was intruduced in 2003. The G37 has been adopted by PA, NY, SC, GA and FL.

How many major manufacturrers other than Glock produce a 10mm Semi-Automatic?

Glock produces 3 GAP's but only two 10's (plus the SF option). In June the Gen4 G37 will be the 4th option.

Sounds like it is more dead than the GAP. With no support from major law enforcement agencies, it is sure to disappear.

Lifetime Member of The Human Race

Now the 45 GAP is Dead!!!

ENOUGH!!!:yawn::yawn:

3. Tommy Kelly

Tommy Kelly

I don't think the 9mm glock will be leaving. I have a 40 glock and a 45acp glock and will probably find a 9mm for my next purchace. I enjoy shooting a lower powered pistol a lot and usually use 38's in my 357's. The 9mm ammo is cheap and a fun little pistol cal. I mostly just plink with my guns and don't do any real target work. The 9mm will kill a can just as dead as the 40 cal will and a whole lot cheaper. I shoot a lot of 22 ammo and not nearly as many 500 S&W but can shoot either. The little guns are a blast to shoot and the cost per shot makes a lot of difference. Buying factory ammo the 500 cost $2.50 every time I squeeze the trigger that figures out to $12.50 per cylinder full the last 9mm I bought were like $17.00 for a 100 box at wally world so about 7 shots of the 500 compared to 100 shots in a 9mm. Yes the 9mm will stay around in my opinion and the glock pistol was built on the model 17 in 9mm. Heck look at the 45 acp it is way outclassed by newer and better calibers but it is still going strong yes I have a 454 casull and it runs circles around the acp but I still have 3 45 acp pistols and wouldn't concider giving them up.