close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Heavy Trigger on Glock 21

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GTBuzz, May 14, 2003.

1. GTBuzz

GTBuzz

I used my RCBS trigger pull today and measured 8# on my Glock 21. I am using this pistol for target shooting only. I would like to lighten the trigger to approx 3 - 3 1/2#. What parts do I need to do this and where can I purchase them from?

2. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

I would say start off by getting yourself a 3.5# connector. Glock factory or Scherer will work fine. Or a Ghost Rocket 3.5# connector. Next I would recommend doing the $0.25 Glock Trigger Job. That should get your trigger pull down to about 3.5#s. Then if you wanted even lighter pull, put in a reduced power striker spring. And if got the money, could try using titanium striker and safety.

Can get connectors from Glockmeister or TopGlock or even go down to the Want Ads here on GT and find them pretty cheap. Goodluck. ;I

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Quickest and cheapest method is to place that one drop of oil where the trigger bar meets the connector.

4. Glockster_James

Not trying to argue with you Danny cause I know you know this stuff a heck of a lot better than me...but how would putting a drop of oil with the trigger bar and connector there lighten the pull to 3-3.5#s like he's looking for? Or was your idea more towards helping with a stock pull? Just curious, as always looking to learn more. Thanks in advance. ;I

5. Quack

Quack Rent this space

also get an extra power trigger spring...

6. GTBuzz

GTBuzz

I ordered the parts from Brownells today. I would have ordered them from a board sponsor, but since I needed a Sharp Shooters Supply trigger for my 110 FP I went ahead and got it from Browells.

7. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Which connector did you order from Brownell's? Hope it wasn't the Alchemy Arms connector, as I've had terrible experiences with 'em.

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

A drop of oil as suggested may restore the trigger pull to about 5.5#. A 3.5# connector will reduce it to 4.5#. Reducing the trigger pull from 8# to 5.5# is a 2.5# reduction, free except for the drop of oil. The 1# reduction from 5.5# to 4.5# will require paying for a part plus S&H.

When I detail strip my Glocks, I use a little dab of Wilson's white grease on the connector instead of oil--lasts a long, long time.

A reduced power striker spring may cause some failures to fire, especially when using CCI primers or Blazer/Speer ammo. I have tried reduced power springs and titanium strikers, but after a FTF in a match, have removed them all and replaced them with stock parts. An FTF in a match is no big deal, but it resulted in me driving 800 miles round trip, wasting the expense of two nights in a motel and wasting 1 day of vacation time in addition to the match fee. Pistol failures due to aftermarket parts do not get you a re-shoot in GSSF.

9. Glockster_James

Thanks for the info Danny. :)