Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· On the day of your birth death began stalking you
10,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I correct in thinking in this class you fire one shot per target? Also, what guns can be used in this class?

· Registered
362 Posts
You are incorrect. The Heavy Metal Division is the same course of fire as all but pocket pistol and major sub. It is designated Heavy Metal because it is limited to 45 cal and 10 mm. The one shot per target you are referencing is Major Sub (which is shot with sub compact 45 cal or 10 mm).

· On the day of your birth death began stalking you
10,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks. So a Glock 30 would be used in major sub?

· Super Moderator
20,459 Posts
You may enter the G30 in the following 7 categories: Am/Civ, Subcompact, Major Subcompact, Heavy Metal, Competition, Master Stock and Unlimited.

· DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,230 Posts

· Registered
2,519 Posts
You may enter the G30 in the following 7 categories: Am/Civ, Subcompact, Major Subcompact, Heavy Metal, Competition, Master Stock and Unlimited.
Or in other words, you can shoot a 30 in every division except Pocket GLOCKs.

The same is true of the far less popular models 29 and 39.

· Registered
103 Posts
I've been practicing up for the next match. Over three strings of 5 to Glock I'm only giving up about 1 second of time with my new G30 compared to the G17, which I've been competing with for a while. Points down for penalties are about a wash.

I am shooting premium 185 grain reloads that are just stout enough to work the stock recoil spring.

· Registered
84 Posts
I've been practicing up for the next match. Over three strings of 5 to Glock I'm only giving up about 1 second of time with my new G30 compared to the G17, which I've been competing with for a while. Points down for penalties are about a wash.

I am shooting premium 185 grain reloads that are just stout enough to work the stock recoil spring.
5.1 grains of bullseye?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.