Glock Talk banner

Heavy metal

711 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  bac1023
OK, I am transistioning away from polymer. Left to go is a newly acquired 43, going to the broadie. she is a Glock Girl.

Glock 30s giving to my Godson, who gets out of the Corps the first week of June.

This will leave me with a Shield 9mm which I may keep. Also:
S&W's 686 (357) and 60 pinned (38) both prelock, Ruger Mark II, West German P226, Sig X5 All Around both 9mm.

Need/want a .380 and a 1911 in 45 ACP. I am hung up on the 1911 but am leaning towards a Valor. THOUGHTS?

BTW: really like to have a P228.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8,215 Posts
Small .380? Sig P238. Slightly larger .380? Sig P232. Although if you look at a P238, it is worthwhile to look at the 9mm slightly bigger brother, the P938.

· Registered
651 Posts
I'm a traditionalist. My preference is for a GI 1911, parkerized finish. The only mod would be Pachmeyer grips. Colt, or if I could find a clean one, maybe a Remmington-Rand.

· Nonentity
4,472 Posts
What do you want your 1911 to do? Purely from an accuracy standpoint, Baers are hard to beat, although Wessons are no slouches there, either.

I tend to prefer the Wessons for three reasons:
1) They're in the sweet spot of "value" high-end 1911's (that's a relative term when you're talking about guns north of the $1,500 mark) that shoot well but aren't overpriced. I think Baer and STI also fit in this category.

2) The nitrided "Duty Finish" is very nice looking and very functional and durable.

3) DW seems to understand the value of visual understatement. No giant billboards or rollmarks. The only company who graffitis their guns less is Guncrafter.

· Registered
131,436 Posts
What do you want your 1911 to do? Purely from an accuracy standpoint, Baers are hard to beat, although Wessons are no slouches there, either.

I tend to prefer the Wessons for three reasons:
1) They're in the sweet spot of "value" high-end 1911's (that's a relative term when you're talking about guns north of the $1,500 mark) that shoot well but aren't overpriced. I think Baer and STI also fit in this category.

2) The nitrided "Duty Finish" is very nice looking and very functional and durable.

3) DW seems to understand the value of visual understatement. No giant billboards or rollmarks. The only company who graffitis their guns less is Guncrafter.
They just aren't fit nearly as well as a Baer, in my opinion. I've never been as high on Dan Wesson as most other folks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.