close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Heavier Spring to Accomodate G23/G32 Recoil

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DaBurna, Mar 10, 2010.

1. DaBurna

DaBurna

Hey fellas... I'm seriously considering getting a LW G32 Barrell for my G23 (My 1ST GLOCK LOVE AFFAIR :tongueout:) I was considering getting a Lonewolf 20lb recoil spring to give me faster follow-ups and reduce the muzzle rise? Am I correct in my thinking or is going lighter in weight going to accomplish this?:dunno: I plan on using both barrells for CCW (once sufficiently test a .357 siggy round probably will be a Speer Gold Dot I'm assuming I carry Federal HSTs and Hornady Taps for my G23). Give me a lil feed back fellas before I make these two purchases....

2. ProCarryNAustin

ProCarryNAustin

I purchased a Wolfe open guide rod and ordered 3 springs. If I remember correctly, I got a 17, 18 and 19lb as part of a combo. Basically my logic was
    17 stock weight
    18 +1
    19 +2

The 19 was my favorite and took off a lot of the recoil edge, but I had some failure to feed with factory practice ammo. I put in the 18 and it is better than stock, but has been rock solid. I think the springs were $7-8 dollars apiece. Pretty cheap experiment to get it done.

3. mboylan

mboylan

You've got it completely backwards. A stronger recoil spring slows down the slide cycle time and increases muzzle flip. A lighter recoil spring shortens the cycle time of the gun and decreases muzzle flip.

Which feels better to you is personal preference.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  4. HiredGun77

HiredGun77

The G32 has less recoil than the G23. I would try it with stock spring first. i too percieve less recoil with stiffer springs. I figured it was due to the slide not bottoming out on the frame so hard. After about $100 worth of experimenting I ended up with stock springs and rods in my guns.

5. DaBurna

DaBurna

I hear ya....I'm thinking of staying stock weight....so what do u guys think about tungsten or stainless rods holding the springs??? I'm thinking stainless 18lbs.

6. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge "The Sarge"

I would stay with the stock RS/GR for carry. Also for carry I would stay with factory barrels. You do not need aftermarket barrels to convert between 40/357SIG. A Glock factory model 32 barrel will work just fine. Bill

7. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

best advice