close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

heart cath procedure

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by *ASH*, Feb 18, 2010.

1. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

well , had my heart cath tuesday,

almost had to cancel because friday night i went to bed and woke up puking sick as dog , all day and all day sunday , could not keep nothing down , then monday it was gone . locally they said there was bad stomach virus going around and it was aweful . it also made me not be able to breathe . then wife got it also . then i saw on news were 150 students in raleigh came down with similar symptoms .

all went well except my cardiologist was an hour late so i was waiting and last one for the team that morning. even got a cool dvd of the procedure and he said everything looked fine for my age of 41 . obviously wants me to keep eating right and lose some more weight and excerise .

worst part was sitting there for 2 hours waiting for it to clot . the endocopy i have done 4 times a year is a whole lot worse. even thou my inner thight has a big black bruise its not to bad.

since cutting out soda drinks , eating more veggies and chicken , ive lost 30 pounds and i got about 20 to go , im 6 ft 198 right now . last year at this time i was 235 , and looking at some old pics im like jesus im fat. ive also cut out red meat to once a week .

eating more oatmeal and fiber type stuff , and am on prescrip fish oil 4,000 mg daily. my cardio doctor said i dont need to be on a statin as my GP . wanted me on one . but its dropped also so hopefully my eating right will go along way.

also we eat no more fast food , cut out completely..

thanks for the prayers and good thoughts that people sent me .

the easiest thing to give up was soft drinks , i was surprised . fast food was kinda hard , eating healthier is definately more money but worth it .

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  2. Flatulence

Flatulence 5X EMU Champion

Glad it went well. Keep that diet up!

3. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Good deal man. Glad everything went well.

4. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Glad your cath went well, Brother.

5. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

thanks all , i kinda was really shocked at results, at the same time when i lost my best friend on halloween at 40 of massive heart attack , i knew it was time to get checked out . we southerners are known for not having a great diet plan lol. growing up on fried chicken and all other fried crap did not help.

my wife is still shocked ive stuck it out with eating better, and i got her eating better so that we can help each other out. anything fried now it makes me quesy just to look at it lol. bake and broil .

6. Little Joe

Little Joe

I'm glad to hear you are doing alright, Ash.

LJ

7. skeeter1959

skeeter1959

Good on you!! Glad all is well.

8. trifecta

trifecta

Glad it went well for you. Hope to see you here making people mad for many years to come.

9. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

no worries lol , either cheers or jeers , its when its quiet when its bothersome :supergrin::wavey::wavey:

10. chuckman

chuckman

Glad all is well. Where did you get it done?

11. community

community Member

ok. now enjoy life. After my cath, which came clean, I am enjoying life more. best wishes.

12. G30Jack

G30Jack .88 Magnum

I got cathed at 24. Laying still with a sandbag on my leg while I was trying to sleep was the worst part. Not a huge deal at all. Mine was clean as a whistle. Glad you are doing well.