GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I don’t want that to happen...I don’t think his bullsh*t will pass...but at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised...

Anyway - as a NYS resident that has to worry about safe act nonsense ...if I have to register ARs as NFA items, would that supersede the safe act BS so I can drop mags like a normal person? Although I realize it’s more important that this doesn’t pass as it’s a slippery slope...this could mean why bother with ARpistols and mag locks and I can just reg sbrs and use as intended - thoughts?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
First of all, I don’t want that to happen...I don’t think his bullsh*t will pass...but at the same time I wouldn’t be surprised...

Anyway - as a NYS resident that has to worry about safe act nonsense ...if I have to register ARs as NFA items, would that supersede the safe act BS so I can drop mags like a normal person? Although I realize it’s more important that this doesn’t pass as it’s a slippery slope...this could mean why bother with ARpistols and mag locks and I can just reg sbrs and use as intended - thoughts?
I would think that federal law will have nothing to do with state laws already enacted. The NYS laws will stand as written in addition to any NFA law changes.

The only way they would be no longer in effect is if the state law directly contradicted federal law.

Reactions: CAcop and Willard

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to be honest - now that I rethink this hope...the safe act makes NFA items illegal...that would make registering a regular AR not even possible. son of a...

·
real dogs
2,064 Posts
This all means its time to start supporting the conservative candidates in the Georga Senate race. If we manage to hold a majority in the senate we have a chance to block these infernal regulations. AS WELL AS blocking any futching over the SCOTUS.
I sent a donation this AM via the Mitch McConnell campaign web site.
We can't let them have the senate- its the Alamo for us at this point.

·
Registered
217 Posts
State laws can be stricter than Federal and I think we are stuck with the Safe Act regardless of what happens down the road. We do desperately need to hold the senate and get the house back at the next Mid-Terms.

Bob

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
We are not talking a $150 bump stock(that's bad enough in itself) but we are talking many thousands of dollars being robbed from hard working honest people who have committed no crime. Will the people of this country stand for that?
I know they are talking about a buy back but we all know what they pay will be a joke. I had rather beat mine into scrap metal. I'm not selling anything to the commies.

Reactions: mike from st pe

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
I see dealers dumping ARs as fast as possible.

Sales will go from 100 to 1

They don't want to be on the hook for the inventory

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
This all means its time to start supporting the conservative candidates in the Georga Senate race. If we manage to hold a majority in the senate we have a chance to block these infernal regulations. AS WELL AS blocking any futching over the SCOTUS.
I sent a donation this AM via the Mitch McConnell campaign web site.
We can't let them have the senate- its the Alamo for us at this point.
Its up to Georgians to protest. Obviously they aren't too concerned or they would be camped out at the governors mansion

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Its up to Georgians to protest. Obviously they aren't too concerned or they would be camped out at the governors mansion
I hope someone is playing Biden talking about taking guns on tv down there. There are a lot of ******* gun owners in Gorgia, I mean ******* as a compliment also.

Reactions: Willard

·
Who, me?
1,124 Posts
To the OP: there's never an "up side" to a leftist gun control scheme. No silver linings, no cool loopholes. As someone noted above, the ratchet always tightens...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I think the administrative burden of making AR-15s, et all, NFA items, would vastly overwhelm the ATF and other administrative agencies. Pragmatically speaking, the idea doesn't make any sense, in terms of deterring crime, and that's pretty obvious. Not to mention ~10 million new gun owners this year, and more getting on board all the time - the political risk of anti-2a initiatives is only increasing. And that's at a time when both house and senate are nearly evenly divided. Riots and shortages have reminded Americans that they're ultimately responsible for their own safety. Gun control is less viable, politically, than it has been, in a long time. Just my opinion, but trying to be objective about it.

·
Registered
494 Posts

Where state gun control laws are more restrictive than federal law, you just have to deal with both restrictions. They don't usually cancel each other out like that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think that once they register them, the government will decide that citizens do not need these and start demanding that they be turned in. If you decide not turn yours in, well, they know where you live.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
And then there are a number of sheriffs who not enforce new laws under Biden, sanctuary counties. It's a BIT$$ that hardworking, tax paying people support these inner city thugs who can break the law with impunity. :mad:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts