close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hear it from his own sad mouth

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Morris, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Morris

Morris CLM

Seattle PD Officer Tim Brenton's killer in court, before the judge came in.

He is really gunning hard for the insanity defense . . .

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/87405322.html

SEATTLE - The man accused of murdering Seattle police officer Timothy Brenton launched a verbal barrage in court Thursday afternoon, stunning spectators and apparently even his own lawyer.

Christopher Monfort, accused of killing Brenton in cold blood on Oct. 31, lashed out against Paul Schene, the former King County deputy accused in a well-publicized November 2008 holding cell beating incident.

In his outburst, Monfort compared Schene to Adolf Hitler, and then referred to "the savage beating of Malika Calhoun," the teenage girl who was beaten in the holding cell incident.

Investigators believe that the holding cell beating, which was captured on videotape and broadcast widely across TV and the Internet, prompted Monfort's attack on Officer Brenton and his partner.

In his outburst, Monfort said the beating was "indicative of a larger problem in our society."

Monfort then launched into a rambling rant about the founding fathers, the Constitution and "the price of freedom." He spoke from the wheelchair he's been confined to ever since he was shot while trying to escape from police.

Monfort's defense attorney, Julie Lawry, urged him to keep quiet.

"Don't do this, don't do this," she repeated at the start of his nearly eight-minute outburst, but her pleas fell on deaf ears.

Monfort kept talking.

"There's a reason there's gun powder and explosion on the fourth of July to remind us we're in charge... Freedom is not free. I am speaking with a lisp right now. The side of my face is paralyzed. I can't walk. I'm dead from the waist down. Freedom is not free. It requires sacrifice," Monfort said.

Monfort went on, "...from time to time we must maintain that. Freedom of press is as important as the air that we breathe."

All of this happened before the judge walked in - and before court started. Once the judge entered the courtroom, Monfort did not speak again.

Meanwhile, the accused killer's mother sat in the King County courtroom with her head in her hands.

Monfort has been charged with one count of aggravated first-degree murder in connection with Brenton's shooting death on Halloween night as he sat in his patrol car with a junior officer.

He also faces three counts of attempted first-degree murder for allegedly shooting at the junior officer on the same night, and also taking aim at two other officers on the day of his arrest.

In addition, Monfort is charged with first-degree arson in connection with the Oct. 22 firebombing of four Seattle police vehicles at a city maintenance yard.

Monfort has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Montfort's main reason for being in court Thursday - was for the judge to hear arguments as to whether or not documents in the investigation should be released.

The Seattle Times asked for the documents to be disclosed - both the prosecution and defense argued against that. The judge will review the file and additional information he needs from attorneys before making a decision in April.

2. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

Mr. Monfort:

Eat **** and die already.

Thank you,

--PinkoCommie

3. Sundown

Sundown

Somebody should really walk up behind him and slip a plastic Safeway grocery sack over his head for a minute or five.

What a waste of air.

4. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Perhaps a real patriot would be willing to drop a piece of hot lead in this skell's neck.

5. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

A zip-tie around the neck, properly tightened, would do the trick. Cheap too.

6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Wheelchair rolling down steep hill... off a cliff... into ocean... full of sharks... with lasers on their heads.

(hey, can't a guy daydream once in a while?)

7. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

Sorry, no can do - budget cuts and all. How about mutant sea bass?

8. Malstorme

Malstorme Bad Influence

Frickin' sharks with lasers.... brilliant!!!

[​IMG]

Mals

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Ask Dr. Evil to finance it.

10. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Screw that ******r. Although, I rather like the fact that he's paralyzed from the waist down. In the overall heriarchy of suck, being paralyzed from the waist down and being in prison for the rest of your life rates about a 9/10. Enjoy the buttsecks with your unfeeling lower half, ****bird.

11. pgg00

pgg00

He is nothing more then a punk, that should be thrown into the sea for the sharks with lasers or mutant sea bass

12. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

It's not the unfeeling buttsecks... it's the can't fight and kick mouthsecks that's going to be of the major suck.

13. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

We'll just ask for a ransom to pay for it... say.... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Evil Randy

14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Luckily, unless he's paralyzed from the neck up.....

:whistling::yawn::whistling::wow:

Randy

15. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

Literally.

16. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

God what a dirtball. At least if he owned it, I wouldn't hate him as much as I do now for trying to skate on his actions. "Oh look at me! I'm CRAZY! I didn't know what I was doing!" You didn't know, huh? Well, then we're gonna put you up in this nice new Sheraton hotel. The beds are a little stiff, but you'll get used to it. And on Sunday, we're gonna let you watch some football in our wooden Barcolounger. Here, put this helmet on and strap in, we might need you to jump in the game later.

17. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

I hope he lives long enough to prison to be violated and victimized a million times over. I hope he never sees a moment of peace from now until he meets his maker.

18. Hearmoretalkless

Hearmoretalkless

Unfortunately, he's a cop-killer and therefore rates pretty high on the prison respect scale.

He will be well treated for a few years until his notoriety wears off and then he will be passed around like a party-favour. Best we can hope for is for him to make some enemies in prison and get shanked because of it.

19. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Unfortunately that is pretty spot on.

Now, where is the Fixer when he is needed?

20. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Well, if copkillers get respect, then it's time to throw a snitch jacket on this guy before he lands in GenPop. How many packs of cigarettes does it cost to arrange for that?