Glock Talk banner

Heaping Helping of Crow C39V2

2362 17
It is just as hard for me as anyone else to admit when I am wrong.

I have been a critic of a lot of folks deriding the C39 series, because based on my experience my V1 has been superb, at 11 thousand plus rounds has a bit of wear, but hey, 11 thousand rounds.

Based on the following video, and the two guys who made it being far and away two of the most knowledgeable firearms guys out there, and Rob Ski being the AK guru, have ordered a no go and field gauge to check mine out.

I have inspected mine after watching the video, and see none of the failure they have, so suspect I am OK.

However, it is just not worth ignoring a problem that might result in a possible injury if I can make everyone else aware.

So I'm grabbing the hot sauce and some coleslaw, and dishing up a heaping plate of crow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7,642 Posts
Just remember there is a big difference between Century builds and Century imports.
There are some folks in forums saying they CV93 V1 receiver was made differently than the CV93 V2 so that could account for the ops good luck.
I'm really, really banking on that.
Bought a Zastava M77 .308 Winchester imported by Century.
My understanding is it's 100% Serbian Goodness :cool:

· Registered
7,642 Posts
Not possible.

As an imported rifle it MUST HAVE at least five (5) U.S. compliance parts.

S&W
Zastava M77 PS is imported as a sporting rife and as such 922r does not apply.
It's 100% Zastava with ZERO U.S. parts.

It's complicated and I had to learn about it the hard way.
Gun came with a thumb hole stock and a cap welded over the the threaded barrel. Replace the stock with a folder/pistol grip and it's not a sporting rifle anymore.
Even just knocking off the cap to use the threaded barrel and it's no longer a sporting rifle.
When it's no longer a sporting rifle - then 922r takes effect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.