Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
1-man flash mob
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laying on my back thinking about going to the ER right now. I was working out this morning and started doing wide grip pushups after benchpressing. Something under my shoulderblade whent went "dink" and I collapsed. It hurt so bad that I couldn't even breathe. I went over to the pullup bar to stretch it a little to see if it would stop the unreal pain and it did, almost instantly. I just hung there for a minute then got the bright idea to do a pull-up. That's when it pretty much exploded. It completely went limp and I dropped. I the pain is all around my shoulder and in my chest. I have to lay on my back for the pain to go away but as soon as I turn, twitch or stand it feels like I'm getting stabbed all over my shoulder, chest and undeer my shoulder blade. Wife is going to take me to ER when she gets home in about 30mins. I have never felt pain like this before. Not even a compund fracture in my Fibula hurt like this. Yet I'm fine laying here on my back typing on my Blackberry. Place your bets on the diagnosis.

·
Semper Paratus
28,327 Posts
Rib out/ torn muscle !It involved a nerve ending or larger nerve group.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
I hope you heal up quickly my friend:angel:

·
Registered
8,836 Posts
Good luck Man, let us know what it is, I'm gonna go with pulled muscle, they can be wicked painful but no pain if your not moving it, just like you describe, let me know what I win if I'm right :supergrin:

·
1-man flash mob
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't sit up. If I do it hurts to the point of almost blacking out. Even sitting still. Laying down, A-ok.

Oh, and thanks Okie :)

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
I'd go to the minor emergency clinic, if you have one.

Save the ER for when you think your life is in immediate danger.

·
1-man flash mob
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swatbwana: I hope that's not the case but fear it may be. I'm laying on my back in the Suburban headed to the ER. It was there or Kaiser and I aint going to Kaiser unless I have a the flu or something.

·
Come 'n Take It
1,252 Posts
Spit on it and rub in a little dirt.

(You'll be in the ER all night, it'll cost big $$$ and they'll send you home with aspirin and a warm-pack)
+1. went to ER just 3 weeks ago. Thought I had broken my leg in a bathroom slip/fall. Turns out to be a really bad hamstring pull. Had a bad reaction to the pain meds and they kept me overnight. X-rays, ekgs, echocardiogram, bloodwork. Bill came Saturday: $8,800!!!

·
Dirtbag Airman
5,229 Posts
Let us know what it is. I'm going to go with torn muscle, that can hurt like no bodies bidness, esp in that area.

·
Hunc tu caveto
1,663 Posts
You might want to try a orthopedist rather than the ER.

I took my father-in-law to the ER when he took a flop playing basketball with my kids. They X-Rayed his shoulder and didn't see anything. I told him to go to an orthopedist the next day. His shoulder was badly broken.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
hope you are okay. definitely, have it checked.

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
You overloaded the eyebolt.

·
Prime Example
4,913 Posts
Swatbwana: I hope that's not the case but fear it may be. I'm laying on my back in the Suburban headed to the ER. It was there or Kaiser and I aint going to Kaiser unless I have a the flu or something.
Posting to GT from your BB.....:rofl:

"Step on it, honey, swatbwana said I might have a rib out"

"What's a swatbwana?"

1 - 20 of 104 Posts