close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Having Your Defective Handgun Replaced In NJ

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by diamondd2, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamondd2

diamondd2

FYI for NJ Residents

I have the G 21SF with the Picatinny rail option and the ambi mag release. Needless to say the ambi mag release jammed on me then fell into pieces. I brought it to my gun store where I purchased and they sent it off to Glock for me for repair. Glock replaced the frame with the standard 21SF frame, which came with a new serial #. I actually had to obtain a new handgun permit to get my gun which I already bought and paid for back. Good thing I was prepared and had the permit ahead of time in anticipation of this. The gun store originally told me I wouldn't need a new permit, but they were wrong, which I figured.

So, If you live in NJ and are having a defective handgun replaced with another, be prepared to get a new permit no matter what the guys at the gun store tell you.

BTW, if you cant get a new handgun permit for whatever reason, you cant get your gun that you paid $600 (or whatever price) for back, basically you are **** out of luck.

Thanks again NJ.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

One could cross one of many bridges and settle in PA or DE.

3. diamondd2

diamondd2

If my job wasn't directly attached to NYC, I would have made that move long ago.

And NY gun laws are worse than NJ, so that's not an option.

Now that I think about it, why would anyone want to live in NJ if there job wasn't attached to NYC?

I can't think of 1 upside. Sky high corruption err property taxes, and dirty jersey shore ocean water, 8miilion people in a 300 mile long state. Congestion, crowds, bad attitudes, communism.

4. DannyR

Sea Gulls fly upside down over NJ because there is nothing worth pooping on.

5. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Having lived there, I can say it's quite the opposite. I think they hold it in until they are over NJ, likely for the same reasons you are thinking.

As to the OP, I don't understand why a direct replacement part couldn't have the same serial number. Maybe it's a logistics thing for GLOCK, but I think it has been done in the past by smaller companies..? :dunno:

6. DannyR

It is a violation of Federal Law to give two firearms the same serial number.

7. mpow66m

mpow66m NRA,GOA,SAF

''And NY gun laws are worse than NJ, so that's not an option''

I lived in NY for 44 yrs,moved to NJ last March.there is no way NYS laws are worse thatn NJ.You can have preban hicaps in ny,nj -no.you dont need a ****ing stupid ass FID in ny,or a new permit for every pistol you own as in NJ.Carrying a bb gun/airsoft gun isnt a crime in NY,as in NJ if you are underage or dont have a FID.ECT...ECT...

Im not sticking up for NY,its in the top 5 most anti 2a states in the Union,but NJ is perhaps the worst.We ve finally had it with both states and are looking for a home in PA

8. diamondd2

diamondd2

Correction, NYC and the 5 bouroughs. You almost cant get a permit to own handgun in the NYC area. And you are limited to 10rd mags, at least NJ you can own 15rd mags.

9. Glock4President

Glock4President

Both of you should move to pa. You go to the gun store, pick out a weapon. Pay for it, wait an hour or so, or less then go home, with it. Oh, I forgot to add, pick up some 33 and 22 rounders. Maybe even a 17 rounder. Lol.

10. diamondd2

diamondd2

Like I said, If my job wasn't directly attached to NYC, I would move to PA.

Speaking of PA.

Anyone know of a rifle range in North Eastern PA, maybe Near NJ border /Rt 80, that goes out to at least a 200yds? 1000yd range would be better, but I will take what I can get.

Thanks

11. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Ah, yeah, they prefix the frames with a 1-, essentially making it a new serial number. :okie:

12. mpow66m

mpow66m NRA,GOA,SAF

NY sucks no matter whever you go,lol.except north of Albany....maybe.:tongueout:

13. hooterman

hooterman

Jersey is a tough state I feel for you!:crying:

14. guns54

guns54 toni

Yes you are righ,the guy next door to me said know way,and he should know,Hes been federal for over 18 years. So Danny is 100% right.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  15. saxconnection

saxconnection Run 'n' Gunner

You would think (if common sense prevailed) there would be an exception to the rule, ie if said firearm is destroyed, the serial could be re-issued.

Adam

16. guns54

guns54 toni

Danny talking about having to guns with the same ser- number.

17. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Hey, hey now!

I've been pooped on!

18. JoeyBones

JoeyBones

What takes an hour?

My transfers/purchases take as long as the CC approval and PICS check. That's it. Unless I chat w/ the shopkeep, of course ;)

Yesterday, I picked up a LNIB Gen 2 G19 and the PICS process took literally 3 minutes from call-in to approval number...

Took me much, much longer to fill out the 4473 than it did for the actual transfer/purchase to occur...

I love PA :cool:

Regards,

Bones

PS - Sorry for your NJ woes, OP... I feel for 'ya...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  19. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

And in Vermont before you go out the door decide whether you want to carry it home Concealed or Open your choice. SJ 40

20. mpow66m

mpow66m NRA,GOA,SAF

Hope to be in PA. next summer,or atleast in the process.Been looking for homes in the Pike county areaMilford,Dings. Ferry and Matamoras.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.