Having problems with Outlook in Firefox

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jade Falcon, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Early this morning, I downloaded a 600 MB file. It was virus-free and everything was great.

During the download, my "Default Gateway" became unavailable. This happens often, but it's a simple fix, and works each time.

So I trouble-shooted the problem and fixed it. The download continued, and all was well.

However, I decided to refresh my Outlook mailbox (I only open it in Firefox), and the damn thing won't open. It gives me the blue "loading" bar, and loads VERY slow (which is unusual). Then it stops a few hairs before completely loading and just....does nothing. It just continues to show me the "Opening Your Mailbox", but it doesn't do anything.

This works fine in Microsoft Edge, but I never use that browser, and I don't want to start now.

Everything is up to date: my system, Firefox, and there's no viruses or malware/spyware on the computer (yes, I've scanned all three). I've flushed my DNS, and I've deleted my bowser cache and cookies. I've restarted Firefox numerous times, but still nothing.

What the hell is going on here? I've never had this problem before, and I can't figure out what's going on.

Please don't move this to the "Technical" forum. I need answers with this, and nobody ever uses that forum.

Thanks.

2. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I found out what the problem was. It's freaking Ad Blocker!

This is NOT good. I want Ad Blocker working on Outlook. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Right now, I have it "Disabled In Outlook". I'm using Ad Block Plus.

Thanks!

3. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Fixed it. For some reason, Outlook got listed in Malware Domains on Ad Block Plus. Unchecked the boxes, and we're back to normal.

Not sure how that happened though. And I would never have guessed that it was Ad Block that was causing the problems.