Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a .40 S&W Sigma and just bought some night sights for it. Just curious as to how much I should pay to have a Pro install them here locally.

I've called a couple places and received quotes from $100 to $40 to have this done. When night sights are installed are they just put in there or is there something a Pro would/should to so that the aim is correct ?

FYI : I own Glocks 17 / 19 / 22 and an M&P 9mm ... this Sigma was just a $150.00 like new in box I bought off a coworker for messing around with / backup house gun ....:cool:

Thanks for any info !

·
NRA Life Member
2,705 Posts
Largely will depend upon the gun. Things like Glocks and Sigmas are easy to install. A dealer friend of mine used to install these sights free if you bought the sights from him (I say used to b/c he was from out of state and coming in for area gunshows). Meps from him were $60 a set (they were $70 elsewhere). A local shop usually charges me $25 for sights that require no millwork. Glock sights I install myself with a sight pusher I bought.

For $100 for customer supplied sights they should kiss you first. :wow:

$40 is high but, if you're stuck, you're stuck. Anything higher than is a ripoff.

The pusher is usually available for under $100. I've see some people who "rent" them out to members needing them. They buy the pusher. Ship it to you for actual shipping + $5 or so. You do you thing and return. It's not a big moneymaker but they recoup the price of the pusher and help a bunch of people out.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
local dealer will install if you buy the sights from them. otherwise i think it around $25.

·
NRA Life Member
2,705 Posts
+1 I think $25 for 10 minutes of work is fair.
For Glocks and the Sigma, it literally takes 10 minutes.

I bought a G30 from a local dealer many years ago. They wanted to charge me $80 for the Meps and $35 to install. I told him he was lucky I was still buying the gun from him. I bought the sights from my friend for $60 and he installed them for free (he did this for everybody if you bought the sights from him).

·
Registered
248 Posts
I bought my sights online and had a local shop install them, they charged just under $8. Seemed like a great deal to me! This was for a Glock BTW.

·
Leonum A Ignis
3,381 Posts
I think it really depends on the sights.

Some higher end night sights require hand fitting. Material may need to be removed from the sight in order to fit the rear sight dovetail properly.

Sights like Trijicons are basically plug and play and probably something anyone can do themselves with little assistance.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
Here in pricey Miami:
Free, if I buy the sights from the local Gun smith.
When I bring the sights, $20 just for the installation.

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
Sight installation for a pro takes less than 15 mins general barring any exceptional cases. I have seen some places charge $60 for a less than 5 min rear Glock sight change because he charges $60 for the hour, this is B-ll Sh--. Pay the lowest possible because in the end you still need it done. You should go back to the $100 place and gloat at how much less you paid else where and what a great job they did in front of many people. I understand shops have to make money but the $100 is Bu-- Sh--.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
$0 when sight were bought at the store. $15-25 depending on the model when done without prior purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts