Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Sharon, you will be missed.
26,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if I die, I promise not to haunt you all. Too much. :ender:

:supergrin:

actually, i'm hoping to fall asleep soon so I wont be hungry or thirsty. I can't eat or drink after midnight, and the procedure isn't until 10:45 tomorrow. ugghhhh.

·
26,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't need general for a root canal. IMO, just get novocaine.
no can do because of several factors : location, size of my mouth, and the fact that I need massive amounts of drugs to get any benefit.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I had a root canal a few years ago that was the most pain I have ever felt in my life. I was convulsing and almost throwing up. He shot me about twenty times with novacaine but it wouldn't help. He called it something in peticular and said this happens to 1-2% of people at times. General - HELL YEAH!

Hulk Hogan gets them done with no novacaine! :faint:

·
Registered
33,048 Posts
When I get novacain, especially when for bottom molars, they gotta stick me all over and do it again, several times, before they can get it numb enough.

I've never done general, but I can see the appeal :)

·
Registered
32,631 Posts
You don't need general for a root canal. IMO, just get novocaine.
She's a redhead, they are a special anesthesia population. Good luck Sharon.

·
Right wing nut
9,446 Posts
I've never heard of a root canal under general. You're going to a hospital or surgery center and being put on a ventilator? That must be expensive, I wouldn't think dental or medical insurance would cover that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had one done a month ago. It took about 35 minutes and had 0 discomfort! I was even able to watch justified during the procedure. Don't worry about it you will be fine.

·
26,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To clarify, I've had a couple in the past with just novocaine to very mixed results. i cant have the kind with epinepherine in it and need extreme amounts of the other kind. Because of the issues I've listed in the above posts , two diff docs agreed (as did my regular primary doc) that this is the best way ( one endo said the ONLY way) to proceed. Because my mouth is abnormally small ( yes, i know it sounds funny, but it's not really), it requires absolute compliance ( ie; zero moving) on my part in order to be successful.

Yes, it is in a surgi-center with a real anesthesiologist, and yes, it is very expensive. If it allows me to keep this tooth ( and existing Zirconium crown), and perhaps result in a bit less jaw pain later, it will be worth every cent.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts