Gun Trigger Air gun
just seen it today at work and I want them
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· troy ounce gold
1,708 Posts
What? No cable lock included? ;)

· Banned
6,834 Posts
These must be new-old-stock from 2012. That was the last year the Gen4 frames did not have the attachment nub for a beavertail bavkstrap. That nub is missing on the pictured frames here. It is then no surprise that there are no beavertail backstraps here.

The 2012 that appears on the pistols is another pretty good indication of when these were made. If there's some special story that goes with these, then it was told three years ago. :)

· Banned
6,834 Posts
Inspection of the right side shows:
1. Austrian proof marks (2) stamped into the slide.
2. Frame mark above grip says "GLOCK Ges.m.b.h." instead of the "GLOCK, INC., SMYRNA, GA." found on pistols sold in North America.

That explains why there wasn't any talk about these in the USA three years ago.

Reactions: FLAHOTROD

· Just sayin'
4,682 Posts
Bleh. Don't care for the anniversary roll marks. I don't collect guns and like to shoot the heck out of them. If you buy it, enjoy.

· Registered
6,861 Posts
I saw one on display at a Gander Mountain a few years ago. I didn't see the box and I didn't notice the anniversary markings on it, just the anniversary medallion on the grip. It was considerably more expensive than a normal Glock 17 Gen4 by $200-300 or so. I just noticed in the photo, there are only two mags, when a standard Gen4 gets three. (What I saw at Gander was actually a 25th anniversary, but not for the same reason-See my comment about this later on in this thread.)

· Registered
6,861 Posts
Inspection of the right side shows:
1. Austrian proof marks (2) stamped into the slide.
2. Frame mark above grip says "GLOCK Ges.m.b.h." instead of the "GLOCK, INC., SMYRNA, GA." found on pistols sold in North America.

That explains why there wasn't any talk about these in the USA three years ago.
Just wandering around now and starting to doubt myself. What I saw, may have been a 25th anniversary edition. 2011 was the 25th anniversary of Glocks introduction into the US, so 30 won't be until next year.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,028 Posts
Colors catch the eye, never been a collector, if I do not shoot it once a month not fiscally responsible. I continue to downsize and mature in realizing what is to my liking vs what I can enjoy in use.

· Banned
6,834 Posts
II just noticed in the photo, there are only two mags, when a standard Gen4 gets three.
Only Gen4 pistols for the North American market come with three magazines. The fact that these pistols pictured here have only two is further evidence that they were produced for the European market and NOT for the USA.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.