Have you lost a Child?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Finestkind, Jan 27, 2020.

1. kyjd75

kyjd75

No, but I lost a nephew at age 30. Suicide. Had an MBA and a $100,000+ per year job. He was doing great and was a great young man. He had back surgery and got hooked on pain killers. Ultimately, they killed him. I still feel the grief and sadness today.

2. Abuela

Abuela

Purple balloons. I release them to remember and to say "you are not forgotten"

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020

3. DaveD

DaveD Ex-Mod Moderator Millennium Member

I just can't imagine the heartache. I've been on over 2000 ambulance calls as a volunteer EMT. I remember the 5 serious ones that involved children like it happened yesterday and this is after 25 years.

Redeemed likes this.
  4. papershoot

papershoot

I lost my middle daughter. She was addicted to opiates. The wife and I have custody of two grandchildren. She put my family through hell and we could not save her.

Nannyhammer likes this.
  5. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Damnation......I'm not a crier but I would have lost it.

6. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

Goggle haldorphil a-life

Yah, my first name is Phil

7. light-switch

light-switch Back to work...

Just before I left the country I grew up in, I had sex with my then-girlfriend "one last time", and in the next day, I left the country, going overseas for college. Our naive plans were for us to stay together, faithful to each other, and one day get married.

Several months after leaving, she told me she had an abortion done. I was devastated. I had no idea I got her pregnant. She asked for money to help pay for the procedure: I don't even remember if I managed to get her some. I think I did, through my sister somehow.

One year after I left the country, we finally broke up, realizing the long-distance relationship was never going to work, without me being able to return before I finished college, or even having definite plans of going back.

I used to think about that baby more: he/she would've been 26/27 nowadays. I wish I would've had the chance to know him/her. I still feel guilty about it, and think that if I only had known, I would've been able to make it work and keep him/her alive. I was angry with my ex-girlfriend for a long time over it, but also understand where she was in her life, and the difficult choices and decisions she had to make. Alone. Realizing that made me stop being angry with her, and in turn, be angry with myself for causing it all.

This is one of the deep regrets in my life I'll carry to the grave. I don't even know if I'll ever tell my kids about it. I don't think my wife even knows about it: perhaps I have told her in the 17 years we've been married, but if I did, I have forgotten.

May God grant peace to those who have lost a child(ren) in this thread.

8. JMS

JMS 02

I remember.

mdlott, Haldor and Joshhtn like this.
  9. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

It is impossible to forget. Yes we split up and yes I blamed her.

-Edit-

And myself.

10. shoeguns

shoeguns Shooting Star

This thread would have been more enjoyable if it was a divorce thread, how women mess with our heads and take all our hard earned money. But we move on and still make a meaning out of what is left.

11. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

A close friend lost his oldest. His nervous system just never fully formed. As he grew it just couldn’t keep up with his bodies needs. He died at about nine years old. The only comfort they had was that they knew it was coming and could prepare for it. I can’t imagine what they went through.

They had a great marriage and got through it well. It strained my relationship with him a little. My oldest was the same age. There was a sort of survivors guilt. It was hard to talk about anything my daughter was doing with his son gone.

12. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

We’ve come very close to losing my daughter 4 yrs ago to sepsis, told she wasn’t going to live through the night, only to survive after 9 days in ICU. We went to Boston (Dana-Farber) within a week or two later only to be told she has less than a year to live without receiving a bone marrow transplant, sooner than planned. So after roughly 80 blood and platelet transfusions, needing blood and platelets 3 times a week, she finally found a donor (perfect match) and had her BMT 1/27/2016. We just celebrated her 4th Re-Birthday. It pains me to read this thread, and I’m sorry for everyone’s loss. I still have my days where it hits me like a ton of bricks, I tear up, my heart pounds, and it takes my breath away. I couldn’t imagine losing her, and my heart breaks for all that have lost a child.

My daughter had VSAA ( very severe Aplastic Anemia)
    BMT 1/27/2016 Dana-Farber (BWH)
    We all got to meet her donor and family in Boston 7/2018, a young man from Oshkosh WI, and his parents from Appleton, WI. It had to be the best weekend of our lives.

13. Johnix

Johnix

We almost lost our daughter 5 years ago from a auto accident. Burst fracture of her spine. She was 15 years old. Had to learn how to walk again. Developed superior mesenteric artery syndrome. It was a rough couple of years. Still has problems with the sma and spine.

14. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

Like JMS, I remember. I still think about your loss often and I keep you all in my prayers.

mdlott and Haldor like this.
  15. Finestkind

Finestkind

My Wife just called and one of her friends lost a child last night. We do not know any details yet.

Finestkind

16. Glock 17L

Glock 17L

Lost my middle son John five years ago April 14th..
    It makes you mortal, And no one should ever have to burry a child.
    Life just hasn't been the same without him, Like a Huge Hole in my Heart.. It does make me appreciate my other Sons just a little bit more..
    RIP JOHN

Johnix, light-switch and Nannyhammer like this.
  17. JMS

JMS 02

In Judaism the Western Wall holds a special place. I’m not very religious but every time I visit I am brought to tears with the feeling of being as close to G-d as one can be physically. All are welcome to leave a note/prayer and it will be handled appropriately.

https://www.aish.com/w/note/46615192.html?mobile=yes

Abuela likes this.
  18. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Lost my oldest daughter on 12/17/16. I've posted it before. Struck and killed in a crosswalk by a distracted driver. Like an earlier post said, no one should have to bury their children. Learned a lot thru the ordeal and since. Learned how cover ups work, the legal system "works" and the grand jury works or doesn't when pd doesn't show up numerous times with their evidence when summoned.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Johnix and Nannyhammer like this.
  19. Abuela

Abuela

Thank you very much for this resource.

20. JMS

JMS 02

I’ve used it a few times when the only thing I could do is look up and ask for something that I couldn’t change.