Have you ever used your CCW?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ReyFufuRulesAll, May 1, 2012.

1. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

Haave you ever Had to use your CCW? Even if only as a deterrent?

Just trying to get an idea of the stats...

2. Doc226

Doc226 Smart Ass Doc

I use my CCW everyday, I have never had to USE it.

I doubt you will get many responses, as people who have used it are reluctant (with good reason) to discuss it.

3. collim1

collim1

Never used it, but been damn glad to know its there if needed on several occasions.

4. GKglock324

GKglock324 GKshooter

There is only one instance when I stated I was carrying, at that the homeless person was insistent on approaching me..I said Dude..I'll give ya dollar..just stay there. I never pulled the weapon...gave him a buck..I won 50 bucks on a scratch off lottery ticket. I guess ya give and ya get back. My luck I guess.

5. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

... Which is understandable. I was trying to make this thread an anonymous poll, but the button to do so seems to have disappeared on me. :crying:

I was mostly just curious, as I have talked to a suprising number of people who were "glad they were", and who have resorted to using it as a warning (verbal or otherwise) at some point in the past.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  6. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

7. janice6

janice6

I can add to your stats but you can't verify it.

My ex SIL is a convicted felon, so is his brother. They told his children that they should not stay at our house or their Mother's, because they (he and his bro' were going to kill my wife and I and blow up our DIL's house, and the kids would die if they were in it.

Then my DIL and G'son told them that I CCW carry, my wife CCW carries, my son CCW carries, his wife CCW carries, felon's ex wife (my DIL) now carries, My other daughter carries, my whole family carries.

His ex says he is afraid of guns, and he gives us all a very wide berth. She says he is now afraid of us all.

He is 6'5 and weighs 320 lbs and thinks he is tough. He beats women.

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I had to once about 6 years ago.

A vicious dog attacked me while I was out for a walk. I fired on round that ended the encounter.

After about two months, I got my gun back and was informed that the shooting was ruled by the DA a justifiable shooting, and there would be no charges against me.

It's not something I would ever want to have happen again. I'm glad it was against a animal and not a person though. Trust me, if you've never been in a shooting of any type, it's not something you want to go through. Ever!

I'm just glad I wasn't hurt and that it happened to me, rather than happening to a kid or someone frail who couldn't take care of the situation.

Last edited: May 2, 2012