Have you ever traded in a new vehicle fairly quickly after buying it?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by nsl, Oct 14, 2019.

1. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

:therapy:

That's what the marriage counselor said!

Z71bill likes this.
  2. uhlawpup

uhlawpup l'Italia s'è desta

Power, I know what I got for it and what I paid for the new one. I had access to invoices. You were not there. I was.

3. DaveD

DaveD Ex-Mod Moderator Millennium Member

Tried trading my wife's POS 2016 Jag XJ with 2400 miles on it at 4 months old. Would have lost $30K. Kept it to the end of the lease and it was still $18K upside down. Banks loss, not mine.

WeeWilly likes this.
  4. G19 DB

G19 DB

Yeah, but I love the extra gun monies... :dancingbanana:

fg17 likes this.
  5. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

My wife just sold her car this morning and bought a new one this afternoon. She is a smart lady and no pushover in negotiations. She also texted me the #'s and I double checked em before she signed to be double sure.
    We drove two together. She went and bought one I hadn't looked at. LOL
    If she grows to hate it, I won't say a thing because I know better!

6. fg17

fg17

Bitter? I was making a joke.

I’m a minimalist, shiny new “stuff” doesn’t do much for me. For other people debt doesn’t mean so much. Either way we’re all dead in a minute, so in the big picture it don’t mean much.

Brag much. Another typical GT response about how early “I retired”. Personally I kinda feel sorry for people when they retire to young. But 55 isn’t that bad, 66 is getting up there.:D

G19 DB likes this.
  7. e150gt

e150gt

8 months. Lost about 7grand

8. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

Jokes are supposed to be funny. What is funny about what you said?

You are really knocking it out of the park there comedy wise. Sounds more like bitter envy than humor to me. Believe me I loved the 4 years I had off. Started riding dirt bikes. Went back to school and got certified as a welder.

I really enjoyed being retired. I have a good job that I like, but if I had the money back from the Ex I would retire again immediately.

9. fg17

fg17

Well, seems like a few folks thought it was funny:D

You don’t know me do you. I’m into minimalism, have been for years. I have a lot of faults, but envy ain’t one.

Sorry that one little divorce threw you off that much. Retired at 55, but now have to work until 66? Ouch.

10. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

Half a million, had to sell the paid off house to split the liquid assets. Not fun. But I don't intend to be broke in my retirement.

11. BGDaddy

BGDaddy Fabulous!!!!

I did that this year, but I got lucky.

I bought a new top of the line Camry Hybrid for $31,500. (Got a screaming deal on it, with rebates, etc.) Drove it for 8 months, and then sold it to Carmax for $30,000.

Carmax then sold it as a used car for $34,000.

12. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

nope, proudly driving a 25 year old HEEP and a 2 decade old Cummins here at the LCG household.
    both still excellent albeit them needing minor stuff, which would equate to maybe 2 payments on a new car.

Been looking at the new jeep JLs.... dig the 2 door, base sport model, 6 speed w/ AC. about 30k. could save up for 2 years, sell my YJ and still need a small loan to get one. not liking that picture as much as I want one. also considering a newer TDI. about 1 years savings (9k), but need to factor in deleting emissions crap, etc to tune of 2k... looking more than ever at an old ALH TDI in great shape, 5k MAX, possible by next fall saving appropriately. no real need, just a vehicle junky.... but I want one... and I do think I'll have one.

I could just fix the AC on the truck and be happy. but my brain is saying pay thousands more for a little econo box in good shape with A/C. More vehicles, more problems. or is it more happiness? I forget...

add me to the hopeless car junkie list... ultimate relaxation for me. give me an hour in my jeep on a pleasure cruise on a day off and I am set...

13. fg17

fg17

Like I’ve said, retiring to early would make me feel real old.
    But I’m also a minimalist, so simple things and experiences mean more than stuff. So as long as I’m comfortable I don’t sweat the money to much either. But that’s me.

And let’s face it, after 66 you don’t have to much time left, especially when it comes to being really active. Good luck to you.

14. billorights

billorights

No. My newest vehicle is 15 years old.

15. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

You had the same type car before , maybe you are just going thru a mid life crisis. Is taking the loss make you more unhappy than keeping the car?

16. astepup

astepup

I couldn't agree more. I'm a car guy, always have and will be forever. If my car or truck doesn't make me happy and I mean REALLY happy it's gone. I've had my '94 vette about nine years now and still love it. I even like it a bit more since losing 30 pounds because now I don't grunt and groan as much getting out of it. Have had the '56 Chevy for about three years and it still makes me smile when I go to the garage. Love the pickups and surprisingly I'm loving that bitsy bitsy Ford Focus I picked up. It's actually (dare I say it?) very fun to drive. Just goes to show its possible to never really know yourself. Me with a fuel efficient practical commuter car? Who'd have thought?.

17. nsl

nsl

2019 Civic Si.

18. Hicksville Kid

Hicksville Kid

Bought a 1966 Triumph Spitfire. Biggest piece of crap ever to come out of the UK. In under a year: head gasket, front wheel bearings, three of five tires (Dunlop) developed blisters in the sidewall, leaked, hard starting.

Drove it over to VW and let them have it. Drove out with a bug. (Had it ten years.) All this in under a year. The warrantee was six months. What a terrible car.

deputy tom likes this.
  19. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

England made good firearms. Everything else sucks. tom. :kilt:

20. bdcochran

bdcochran

Reads like trading in spouses. :couch: