Have you ever had problems with your Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hometheaterman, Feb 3, 2010.

1. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

So I read the thread asking if Glock quality control has gone down. This got me to thinking. Have you ever had problems with your Glock? It doesn't look like I can post a poll so I guess you will have to respond here.

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

yes i have

3. hometheaterman

hometheaterman

What kind of problem did you have?

4. crushproof

crushproof

i've had no malfunctions on my g23, but i do have cosmetic issues/complaints.......after 370 rounds now through it the nickel finish on the rails are flaking off, and my guide rod looks like a dog has been chewing on it :(. i trust my gun to function and be reliable, but damn metal flakes coming off rails, bits of plastic coming off guide rod. wish glock would improve on their parts

5. googanelli

googanelli

No. I have personally had a 2 19's, a 26, and a 34. None ever had problems. My brother has a 19 and had a 30 and none of them had problems.

-Joe

6. Kwanger

Kwanger

I've got a good few thousand rounds through my G17. For quite a period, it decided to start flinging brass at my face and head. Swapped out the extractor - all good now.

Only other problems have been some FTE's using factory 33 rnd mags - since I swiched out the baseplate and made them 31 round mags, have had no further problems.

7. netmage2112

netmage2112

Impression I'm getting is a postage paid trip to GA and they will address any\all issues no questions asked - first owner or not... Not sure if it extends to frame issues (other than the G22 recall) - but indiv parts\wear issues - thats the impression I'm getting.

8. JCROWNII

JCROWNII

I had a jam on both of my Glocks. One in a G22 and 2 in a G39. I mean theyre Glock's but that does not mean that they will NEVER jam. They are semi auto pistols, if you dont want a jam EVER, get a revolver. Other than that, no other "problems"

9. pleaforwar

pleaforwar

I have never had a malfunction with a factory Glock. I own three.

After purchasing a couple of drop-in barrels I have had occasional FTF and FTRB's, but these problems will disappear after proper break-in. :thumbsup:

10. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I've own/ed well over 25 Glocks and the only problems I've had were caused by aftermarket components. My modified comp Glock 35 has the occasional FTF and FTE (which I can live with, it is strictly a range/match gun.) Last year I had problems with a brand new Glock 21 SF which had a dealer installed extended slide release. I changed it out to a stock one and it has functioned flawlessly for well over 3,000 rounds. My most recent Glock purchases (17RTF2 & 22RTF2) have functioned flawlessly thus far as well.

11. tuica

tuica

No problems on G23 & G36. The only other semi-auto I own with no problems is the Ruger LCP. One stovepipe on Colt 1911 - back in 1980.

12. CBennett

CBennett

nope, only with the Glock mags...bad follower ended up making the last shot NOT hold open the slide..a armorer replaced the springs and followers and they have not missed a beat since.

13. FinnFanatic

FinnFanatic Stinkin badgers

14. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

My G23 as of today has shot 1200 perfect rounds including about 50 limp wristing on purpose-There are some weird wear marks but I'm just gonna keep an eye on them and keep shooting as it's accurate(I shot a 2.75in. 5 shot group @ 25 measured yards from a fence post rest) and dependable

My OLD G22 has none of the weird marks but has a LOT of the normal wear and has been 100% with the modern MAGS(2000+)
    It's accuracy is not near the G23's and now I think I know why
    The rifling in the numbers matching barrel is pretty much gone:faint:
    It's better than paper plate(barely:whistling:) @ 25 yards with same fence post rest
    That's not bad in my book and I'm not a great shot
    I'm a HAPPY GLOCKER:wavey:

15. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

I vaguely remember having a jam with my G21 years ago.
    My Gen1 G17 never game me a lick of trouble. None. And that was at a time when almost every other auto I had seemed to have an issue.
    No problems with my G19 or G36. They've always fed everything and anything, always go *BANG* when I want them to, eject/extract perfectly and come back for more.

16. tarheelman23

tarheelman23

I've had a couple FTF with my 19 only when using MFS 2000 ammo. It's cheap hungarian crap anyways. I also tried firing corbon 115 gr. +p hp with only a couple of rounds in my magazine and the slide would stick open when trying to hand cycle those two rounds. I don't know why it did that, but hasn't done it with a full magazine.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  17. duke77togo

duke77togo

My trouble with the G30 are pretty well-documented in the many G30 FTRTB threads. Besides that, I've noticed:

(1) the bits of plastic problem mentioned above
    (2) i have gotten two different mags where the follower is canted up at a funny angle; didn't seem to affect function, but still
    (3) my mag loader broke after a few hundred rounds; I guess I'm starting to nitpick. :)

18. mtnglocker

mtnglocker

No problems with any of my Glocks with all stock components. A couple of lead reloads with the aftermarket barrel failed to feed, but that isn't a Glock problem, and I only use that setup on the range.

The biggest problem is that my Glocks are fun to shoot and I've been spending a lot of money on reloading equipment and ammo.

19. Hackett

Hackett

I have close to 3,000 rounds through my 23 and the only problem I've had is running out of ammo while at the range!

20. Glock-N-Load

Glock-N-Load

Own 5 G17's and haven't had a problem yet. Well maybe they make me blow through ammo too quickly!