close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Have you ever been stung by a yellow jacket on

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Glock20 10mm, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

your tongue? Well I just experienced that wretched event this morning... my woman left a can of pineapple juice on the hand rail and I saw it this morning and figured it would a great morning "pick me up jolt!" Well I was right! Apparently two of the yellow and black demons crawled into the can and of course got stuck in the juice... I come along and take a swig and HOLY MOTHER OF ***** THAT HURTS!! I spit the juice out along with two of the demons, one appeared to be dead already... and the other was moving vigorously until I stepped on it.

Woman heard me howling as I ran into the kitchen to rinse my mouth out (yeah... really didn't know what else to do) while our 9 month old is clapping her hands and howling with me!!!:faint:

2. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Keep your drinks in the fridge,the jellow jackets can't open the door

3. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

I saw someone get stung in the throat by a bee at a range years ago. They set their Coke down, came back to it a while later, took a gulp, and next thing we knew he was swatting at his neck, coughing and gagging. Not pleasant to witness.

Keep those outdoor beverages capped or covered when not in use!

4. BEER

BEER bad example

yep, i was stung on the lip once by a bee and once in the roof of my mouth by a red wasp. both from drink cans while outdoors. the shot to the roof of the mouth was one of the most agonizing experiences of my life, there was simply nothing i could do to alleviate the pain, and while i'm not allergic to wasp stings i am hypersensitive to them. where most people feel the throbbing pain for a few hours i feel it for up to 24 and sometimes longer depending on the location.

now when i drink soda outside i'll put a small piece of tape, or chewing gum or something on the tab and swing it around over the hole if i have to set it down for any length of time.

5. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Good idea on the tape!

6. glockrod

glockrod NRA-Endow. Life

They lit me up!!

I was with a bunch of friends at a local dirt race track. Set my MtDew down and didnt look when I came back to it.

I very nearly had to go to the hospital. Although I am not generally allergic, my tongue and bottom lip swole up a good bit. I looked like a freak clown!!

Everyone, including me got a big laugh out of it, but it definitely taught me a lesson.

7. vart

vart

Ouch! I have never been stung in the mouth. Worst yellow-jacket sting I have suffered was when one stung me right on the base of my skull.

Felt like it went right into my spinal cord... I got really dizzy and nauseous for about a half-hour...

8. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Damn, that sucks! Another vote for tape or cigarrete pack on the can.

9. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

A healthy splash of bourbon should be added to all canned drinks when outside in the summer months to ward off insects. To keep you warm in the winter months.

10. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus Silver Member

Dayum. I got nailed on the back of the knee while leaving a VM...my friend called later, laughing his ass off at the two-minute, expletive-filled message I'd left for him. Felt like I had a cigarette being put out on my leg for about six hours. Couldn't imagine the mouth...but covering your drink is a act of life here in the summer. We have bald hornets (black and white) and they are as aggressive as Honey Badger.

11. TK-421

TK-421

This is one of the major reasons why I like using bottles with screw on lids, instead of cans. Another reason why I don't like setting a drink down and not being able to constantly keep an eye on it. But that last one also stems from me not trusting people and expecting someone to put something in my drink if I step away from it.

Never been stung in the roof of my mouth. Worst I've had it was about a dozen stings on my legs once day from grabbing a pile of brush that had quite a few wasps in it. I bet the tongue really sucks though.

12. canis latrans

canis latrans

they have absolutely NO sense of humor about ANYTHING!

13. ede

ede Bama's Friend

I got stung once by a few yellow jackets, ended up walking down the hill to my house in my underwear.

14. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

It was my tongue... the tip, still burns although the swelling has gone down a bit.

15. texasglong

texasglong NRA Life Member

I use to raise honeybees. Been stung in some very funny places but not in the mouth.

16. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Since I always have my phone with me, I set my phone on the can.

17. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Just the tip?

18. true believer

true believer Super Moderator Moderator

a bunch of places but!!
    came close a few times...gota suck...
    :shocked:

19. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

I've been stung by yellow jackets many times, and in many different places, but never on the tongue. OUCH!

In West Texas, BTW, they are usually called dirt daubers.

20. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Yeah... I picked the pineapple juice can up and took a swig... I like to swirl the juice around my tongue (weird I suppose) anyhow As soon as the first yellow jacket hit my tongue (I felt the "chunky" in the juice and knew something wasn't right) I started to spit but I think that's when the second one... or first I don't know, the one that WAS alive, stung me on the tip of my tongue.

The pain was something I have never experienced before... and I live with and have experienced some pretty gnarly pain in my short years, broken ribs, fingers, hands, arms, nose, deep lacerations... Pretty long list but this, WOW!