GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
How the hell does anyone get to 50 years old without infections? Like G30SF said, on many parts of my body. Work around a farm, chores, cattle, etc you will get infections.
They don't. I believe the OP isn't real clear on his understanding of "infections"

·
Registered
20,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
They don't. I believe the OP isn't real clear on his understanding of "infections"

What I was referring to is any type of wound infection or any of the other more serious stuff. I have never had any serious infection in my life. I would have to say the most serious infection I have ever had is possibly a hair follicle but even that was nothing more than a bad pimple. Of course I have had colds and the flu and even pneumonia as a child but that really wasn't the gist of this thread.

/

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've had a couple. First one was on my index finger. I was spring cleaning with a sponge scrub pad and must have gotten one of the fibers down along my finger nail. It festered about a week and when I got to work one day I saw where the redness had been now had a yellow/green tint. Hurt like heck. Left work and went to the Urgent Care. They had me soak it then the doc came in and pressed on it with the wood stick of a cotton swab. No go...so out came the scalpel. He drained it and gave me a scrip for antibiotics.

Second one was a cyst I had for years just below my neck on my back. Dermatologist said she wasn't concerned and I could have it removed any time. I finally decided to have it done. I knew I was in trouble when the doctor and 2 nurses were in the room. One nurse started walking around and spraying air freshener before anything even happened. Then they numbed it and cut it open. While pressing on it, the nurse went around again with the air freshener. It was at that point I got a whiff of dead deer. They cleaned it out and removed the "sack" and it's been fine since.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts