GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Yup,i’ve had many. The one i remember the most as it was bad was when i scraped my elbows on a fall at the public pool. I got a good infection in both arms and my grandmother made a poultice with pumpkin and wrapped my arms in it. It worked thankfully because there was no way in hell my mom was gonna spring for a doctor. Yes she was frugal,very frugal.

·
Registered
11,994 Posts
I'm pretty confident that big constrictors like anacondas are likely to give you a bite that needs treatment.

Am no expert but would suspect that most small, non venomous snakes in the US aren't apt to cause great concern, wash the bite area, hydrogen peroxide and antibiotic ointment and I'd think you'd be OK. Any signs of redness or swelling, head to your PCPs office. Don

·
Registered
23,887 Posts
Several infections. A couple pretty bad. Picked up one that left scar tissue in one lung.

Poisonings were worse. I’ve worked with some nasty stuff. Wasn’t always careful.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Nope. My mom used merthiolate.

It burns like hell, and makes you a lot more careful next time.

That Shhhttuuufff is a running joke in our home. The kids never had it, but we did. Terrible Shhhttuuufff!

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,145 Posts
Reactions: Dynactus

·
Registered
784 Posts
I will not tolerate infecstation.
:2gun:

Reactions: Dynactus

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Dad's arm is shocking.

·
Come on man!!
14,392 Posts
Had a zit on my back get infected, antibiotic cream knocked it out quickly.

I had a urinary tract infection that made me septic about a year and a half ago. That really sucked. Had to have antibiotics and a lot of IV fluids for that one. Fortunately, I recognized how bad I was getting instead of just going to bed.

·
Registered
7,831 Posts
Wife had an infected toe. Son had an infected scalp wound. It happens once in a while.

·
Free Full Clip!
17,135 Posts
I had NSU back in the 70's and it hurt when I peed. NSU was Non Specific Urethral Infection. Eric Clapton had the same infection and wrote a song about it.

·
Registered
12,055 Posts
My Dad got bit by the family cat. Next day, could barely get out of bed. Was in the hospital for over a month, on every antibiotic known to man.

Was bit on the wrist, about at the ball. Lost a good chuck of meat and a good deal of function in that hand.

Dam near killed him.

Apparently, it's more common than you think. Especially with cats because their teeth are rather needle like and the infection can get deep below the skin.

Here's a pic from after it "healed".

View attachment 834668
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSOESfsNd4w

·
Registered
226 Posts
Many sinus infections. Urinary tract infection after hip replacement.

Had an ingrown toenail that got infected. Could have squirted someone from six feet away with the pus that shot out of it at docs office. The doc even gagged a bit when he cut into it. Like pea soup and ketchup.

That cat bite looks horrible though. I have heard cat scratches and bites can become easily infected.

DROBIAZG

41 - 60 of 107 Posts