Have you changed your EDC decisions based on the SHTF

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by JGIORD, Jul 31, 2020.

1. FL-obiwan

FL-obiwan

Since the Mumbai attack I've been carrying a compact (H&K or Glock) with 2 spare mags. The mall attack in Kenya solidified that. All of the antifa nonsense further solidified the idea.

2. picrthis

picrthis

never bring a knife to a gun fight

3. narkcop128

narkcop128

My summer carry gun has been a Ruger LCP2 with 7 round mag & spare 7 round mag. Recent events have changed that to a Sig P938 with 7 round magazine and spare 7 round magazine. I have a Taurus G2C as my car gun with 3 spare magazines.

4. jr24

jr24

No, I've always based my CCW on shootability over concealment and comfort, and have always preferred a gun about Glock 19 size (today it is, indeed, a Glock 19).

Current nonsense has made me keep another spare mag or two in the car and my travel bag though.

Orive 8 and Jan R Whitaker like this.
  5. texmex

texmex

I am putting my Street Sweeper in my vehicle along with a bandoleer of 12 gauge Number 4 buckshot. Even my shotgun is a revolver.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    1L26, railfancwb and Dynactus like this.
  6. GRT22

GRT22

A G20? I think even animals with claws should avoid you!:notworthy:

1L26, Tanger and jr24 like this.
  7. Grayson

Grayson

I'm lucky in that I'm "unofficially" allowed to carry at work, however basically limited to pocket carry for comfort/concealment/access issues. I work in pharmacy.

I have carried both a P3AT and a Ruger LCR, but recently upgraded to my (already owned) Glock 26. Was thinking about purchasing a 43 until I saw how little difference in size the two were.

Thankfully my small town hasn't seen violence yet, but we're dangerously close to a place that has (a city I sometimes call "little San Francisco)...

Apart from that? The drug problem is bad and getting worse by the day. And proving the adage that there's no problem so bad the .gov can't make it worse, the DEA is making buprenorphene (a drug used to help addicts manage their addictions, kinda like methadone) impossible to get by going full Gestapo on wholesalers and pharmacies that dispense "too much" of it. But apparently not doctors who actually prescribe it and buy whatever BS excuse patients come up with for why they can't use Suboxone instead (which IS buprenorphene, with an anti-abuse agent added to it).

glock1097, Tanger and kahrcarrier like this.
  8. oregon9mm

oregon9mm

Yes! I’m carrying double stack more often. [

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[​IMG]

Tanger likes this.
  9. wjv

wjv RIP Stan Lee.. . .

Previously I only carried occasionally and when I did it was usually a Ruger LCP or a S&W 442.

The LCP is still used as a "walk the dog" gun or for when I really can't carry anything else.

Now my primary carry is a Shield 9mm plus 2 extra magazines. At some point I'm going to buy a Magguts package for every mag making them a 8+1 flush or 9+1 extended mag. Had to add the Foxx Grip stick-ons to the grip as the standard grip is like 100 grit sandpaper. Doesn't feel that good when pressed against your skin!

Alternatively I've been carrying my Mossberg M2C2 with 13+1 flush mags and a 3.9" barrel. Because it's so thin it is pretty easy to carry. Always carry at least one extra mag.

Now I carry all the time unless I'm going someplace where doing so is illegal.

10. t-shooter

t-shooter

Yes and no. My EDC has not changed (Glock 19 with 2 extra 17 round mags, 50 round load out.) What has changed is that at home and when on road trips I have added a long gun. In my case a 16" AR with a Vortex Strike Eagle 1 X 8 scope and a 1500 lumen light. It extends defensive options beyond my Glock 19. Greater ammo capacity with a half dozen 30 round mags (loaded with 29 rounds each), the ability to lengthen the engagement range and increased effectiveness adds arrows to the defensive quiver. YMMV

Tanger likes this.
  11. sourdough44

sourdough44

I just took a Glock 23 out of mothballs(storage grease), Gen 3. I have some of everything, just leaning stepping things up with cooler weather carry. Plus I have oodles of 40 ammo.

glock1097, jr24 and Tanger like this.
  12. Scott36153

Scott36153

Yes I have. I carried a 5 shot S&W airweight .380 for over 15 years. With everything going on (and I do not see things getting better any time soon) I ditched it and I now carry a G48 with extra magazine.

13. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

still carrying my 43x w/ spare AIWB. honestly, I have been wanting a pocket revolver for the summer. the heat here, plus a gun, and not having AC in any vehicle, sucks balls.

14. Scott36153

Scott36153

I hear you there. It gets hot as balls here too. I live in a small town and honestly if I go out here for a quick trip I just take my little .380. But if I go shopping or run errands in the bigger cities I now carry my 48 and extra mag in a Tier 1 concealed rig.

kahrcarrier and Tanger like this.
  15. RogerN

RogerN

If I’m just hanging around the house I strap on my G26. If I’m going to be out and about, I go with my G19 MOS with RMR. My nighttime gun is my EDC X9 with Streamlight TLR 7A. Have not typically carried an extra magazine but that is changing!

16. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

for all intents and purposes, I live in a small town too. not truly small but still has that feel and can't leave the house without seeing someone you know. the 43x was quite an improvement over my 29 carried AIWB. but once august hit, it too started to feel heavy and makes me sweat. I'm picking up a new(er) jeep here end of the month, will be my first time having A/C in a vehicle since 2015. when money allows I'll fix the truck's A/C. then I will be truly rolling like a rich man in my turn of the century vehicles!! :D

redneck ron likes this.
  17. JK-linux

JK-linux

Not for the most part, although I do now ride a little lower on the few occasions I have business in a few select places around town.

Tanger likes this.
  18. Scott36153

Scott36153

Congrats on the new Jeep! My TJs AC just went out and it has been miserable here in the desert. I can’t imagine no AC since 2015!

19. Gfive45

Gfive45

I got my eye on the Gen5 G23

kahrcarrier and Tanger like this.
  20. Norsemen2020

Norsemen2020

Yep. I just switched from carrying the Shield 9mm to a Glock 26 with (2) 12rd mags. I also switched from a Spyderco Dragonfly to a Spyderco Paramilitary 2.

kahrcarrier and Gfive45 like this.