close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Have the Gen4 G34's escaped the plague of extraction issues?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by UnbrakableX, Aug 14, 2012.

1. UnbrakableX

UnbrakableX

I'm hoping so because I'd like to buy one. Really wanting a full sized, striker fired 9mm but I'm pretty hesitant to buy a glock right now with all the issues.

I had an "early" (2011) Gen 4 Glock 19 and it sometimes sent brass to my face and wouldn't cycle properly when limp wristed.

Can I go to a glock dealer with my gssf coupon and demand they order a newly produced glock straight from the factory? I ask because I would want one with all the updated parts (with the hope that the new parts would alleviate the issues).

Thanks.

2. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

its really a crap-shoot......if you do buy it, the gun will function flawlessly....then after about 500 rounds the malfunctions start.....

but then there are people who claim to have shot 200,000 rounds through their week old gen4's with no issues.....

right now avoiding 9mm Glocks is a given!!!!

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

4. Keyhole

Keyhole

No. Mine was spitting brass all over. I polished the top and bottom of the extractor considerably and now it's fine.
    [​IMG]

5. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Did you miss your plane or boat? You have said "good bye" to Glock for what seems an eternity? :upeyes:

:rofl:

6. tnpatriot

tnpatriot

I am confused about this extractor plage. I have never found a problem with any of my gen4 GLOCKS. I have a 34 & a 19 with approx 5000 rounds each, mostly 147 grain lead reloads.

7. DocWills

DocWills

I shot my recent g34 gen 4 today. It came with the new spring set up. Worked fine with good ammo, weak with practice stuff. magtech lay on the bench, 9mm nato ten feet away. 147 couldnt find the brass.

New trigger is outstanding. Accuracy is up due to lock time im sure.

Well worth the money.

8. UnbrakableX

UnbrakableX

Can you define "good ammo" and "practice stuff?"

I'd want to shoot tons of what I consider practice stuff through it (aguila, sellier and bellot, fed american eagle, etc)

Obviously for carry I'd have like 124 or 147gr gold dots or hst (what I consider good stuff).

9. Gokyo

Gokyo

I have had my g34 for about 8 mnths now. I have shot about 2500 down the pipe. No problems at all.

Not a one.

I would say go for it.

10. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

1,700rds through my brother's and a couple hundred through mine. They've been perfect so far. All sorts of ammo, including my reloads, some of which are book minimum.

11. DocWills

DocWills

Good ammo is self defense hollowpoints or soft nose,

Practice is low pressure ball from all the major manufacturers that gives very low breech pressure. essentialy if recoil is light, brass not expanded and showing gas marks, and the brass sort of trickles out its practice.

Most of the net propaganda is due to low pressure SAAMI ammo.

You can respring for a 15 pound rsa and get proper ejection with practice ammo if it bothers you. My gun was set up for hot ammo but the original spring was for even hotter. The original 17 I have was with a much stronger spring, glock sent a lighter one that is now on the 9mm guns. Its still for heavy loads.

Accuracy will change if you change lock time with a lighter rsa.

12. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

Ahhhh the board troll shows up!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

13. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Mine has never had an issue with any kind of ammo.

14. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

No problems here. RWTxxx

15. Dragoon189

Dragoon189

Mine is having problems with erratic ejection and replacement ejector and extractor are on their way from glock. As for ammo I have used slow practice ammo and faster quality ammo and the only difference is faster casings flying in different directions. I still love the gun and will work to get it functioning. My guess is that glock has changed up parts that have solved the issues for a lot of people so new guns should work fine.