close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Have Austrian Proof G19 Put Up Or Carry

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by G19NC, Mar 17, 2012.

1. G19NC

G19NC

I have a Austrian G19 in great shape that I recently got but have been thinking about putting it up and buying a new G19 Gen4 to carry daily. I don't want to mark up or put wear on the Austrian. It may or may not be worth more in the real world but I know how hard they are too find.

Looking for thoughts from fellow members. Carry it or get a new G19 to carry????

I have also heard that with the current shortage is is possible some new Gen 4 Glocks will be coming from Austria. Any truth?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. Matt Berry

Matt Berry

I have an Austrian Proofed G19 and I treat it like my other glocks, I carry it, I shoot it (sometimes with reloads) and don't even think twice about it. If you are not worried about it being a collector piece, I'd just use it. Glocks are really hard to damage / destroy unless you are trying to, or you run faulty ammo through it and blow it up.

3. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor

Proof marks make absolutely NO impact on resale value. Condition of the gun however does.

4. cciman

cciman

You just bought the gun to sell at a discount to the next guy.

They do not really go up in value enough to save or collect (too many made)- look at the ads.

Shoot it and get your full money's worth out of it, then sell it.

5. G19NC

G19NC

I agree about the condition but does anyone see any current ads of a G19 Austrian Proof for sale? It was just neat to me and took me 3 months to find one Thanks

6. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor

So other than "Made in Austria" stamp, any significant increase in accuracy and reliablity to justify the 3 months of searching?

7. G19NC

G19NC

Sacasm...? Really?... It is the same gun as you know to any Glock. Like most people that collect guns is was something different. Why do people buy Belgian Brownings? Does the newer Japan barrel shoot different. Just had a honest question and have seen really good feedback from most members. That is all i was looking for.

8. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor

I apologize and stand corrected.

9. gocubs6

gocubs6

Not taking anything away, but a Glock is a Glock. If you want multiple G19's or the Gen 4 go for it. But, even if gun brings an extra $50 (I don't think it would), then you will still have lost $450 by buying a new one.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

I'd vote to shoot is also. My guess is that any potential increase in value you might get would be more than offset by the enjoyment of actually using it.